Click for Delta Click for Burger Click for Cross Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service

Latest Bahamas rules

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by Pascal, Oct 2, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

This came out last night:

Test window extended to 7 days, online health visa still required, quarantine going away 11/1 and replaced by rapid antigen test at POE plus a follow up test 5 days later.

Biggest issue is that so far the follow up antigen body can only be done at a POE causing issues for those going to the Exumas.

https://bahamasmarinas.com/procedures-and-protocols/
  2. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

According to a friend who is involved in the decision making, there won't be any issue for the follow-up after you leave the dock.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Is there some reason the Bahamas, seems to change the rules every single week????? It's so confusing that none of my customers want to go and haven't gone.......
  4. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Maybe that's the reason. I think it's much like places here. They have pressure, they want to change, then our numbers go up and they get scared and then try again.
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Can anything be counted on more than 2 weeks out anywhere today? Look what changed here in just the last 2 days (and I'm not just talking about the White House. Airline lay offs announced, NYC schools maybe / maybe not opening, California wild fires, virus spikes in more than half the states, Florida dropping enforcement of regulations, etc., etc.) And those last two could have huge implications on Bahamas travel.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Problem is, most owners have many other commitments and cannot make plans on a whim......but they also cannot plan a trip a month out, when the goal post (requirements) keeps changing every week.
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I generally plan my vacations anywhere from 3 months to a year in advance. So I sympathize. But today I plan a week out and always have a plan B ready, and I wouldn't even consider getting on a plane to anywhere. That's the world we're in today. The last time we had such uncertainty was probably during WW II. However you and I have it better than most. In our business we got used to changing our plans on a moment's notice and always have a plan B. Most people don't live that way.
  8. ocgrant

ocgrant New Member

I was trying to go over this weekend but then the weather went to hell... Anyway I went to Vista View park Sunday by my house, got my brain tickled and had my results Tuesday morning. I submitted my test to get my health visa Wednesday night at 10:30pm and had my approval in my inbox 3 minutes later...My wallet was approved to come..LOL