Click for Northern Lights Click for Perko Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder

Lars Modin Design

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by AMG, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

P A N D O R A 170m / 555 feet...

As if 90 meter wasn´t enough, but I wanted to see if it was possible to make a yacht of 170 m without the look of a cruise ship.
    Since there are almost no marinas taking this size of yacht, you have to carry a number of good size tenders and maybe more than one helicopter. So I made two big landing pads and a heli-garage under the aft one. Two Solas approved life boats are stored in a pocket at the transom.
    Well, how long will it take before we see yachts of this magnitude? :cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2006
  2. tartanski

tartanski Member

Inspiring

Hej LArs,

Thank you for posting so much of your work on this site, that is truely inspiring to me. It appears that i have a similar history of drawing boats , and striving to design vessels that will oneday exsist in their element. I have also many designs and concepts perhaps not as detailed as yours, but have alwys kept them to my self in fear of one day seeing a design of mine floating around with someone elses name on it. However your openess to post your design here, and the quality and in somecases the similarity between your designs and soem of my ideas has inspired me to post some of my designs here too, perhaps one day it could lead to a a real build.

I can say that I too have developed a proposal for the royal yacht, unfortunately that is one design lost in the archives of some old PC. So ill begin by complimenting you on the comuter design, curently in production, an in a spooky turn of fate here is a design for a 60ft cruiser with a litte similarity.

Ill have to post this one later after i upload one to a web server.
  3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thank you for the kind words!

I look forward to see more of your designs, just create a thread and upload them. You need to shrink them to fit into the frame you can see on the screen though, to avoid scrolling and to not interfere with the ads.

I am using Freehand, almost the same as Corel I think? 3D-programs are too limited when it comes to alter the design in process, and time consuming.

/Lars
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

24 M / 80´ Flybridge Cruiser

As a spin-off from the 42 m Yacht-Fish above I once made a smaller yacht to fit in under the magic 24 meters. She can be owner operated and features a small office outside the owners stateroom. Still with nice crew accommodations forward. The wheelhouse can be enclosed as well as the galley. More of a big yacht in a smaller size than a traditional flybridge. Can have shafts and tunnels or waterjets for a cruising speed around 25 knots.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  5. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

Polara 70m

Its beautiful. I think, in a size of 50m she will be a good support vessel for a (sailing) yacht (like Lady Lola's shadow (but more beautiful) - submarine, HELICOPTER and some other toys...thats the coolest way for world cruising :cool: ) :) :)

René
  6. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Tetou, 26 m / 85 feet, an "Absolut Classic" yacht!

After looking through all the designs on these pages, both mine and others, I think I have nominated my final Dreamyacht. You can see all of her on the first page in this thread, except I have extended her and raised the wheelhouse a bit. She can now be built by Moonen Shipyards on the DIANA designed hull they used on the classic Moonen 85. Like this, with a lower superstructure she will be more stable at sea and also easier to handle shorthanded in ports.
    The wooden trim and doors should be epoxy treated for minimum maintenance and the classic Donzi 16 would make a nice tender, like most yachts had in the early seventies. :)

Attached Files:

7. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

120´/ 36 m, A B S T R A C T A

Which yachts of today will be the future Classics?

Will it be the "bubble design" with teardrop windows or will it be the "new edge" with minimalistic styling? Or something else?

Since I have problems with too curvy designs, I am leaning towards more architectural and clean lines and decorations. This 120-footer has some lines similar to Bauhaus or Californian houses and could have an interior with Le Corbusier, Mackintosh, van Der Rohe or why not Starck, all of them modern classics.

To look back might be a safe way for the style of tomorrow ? ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  8. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Modesty, now 280´/ 85m...

Since most people will never get access to a Harrier VTOL-jet, I have reduced the size of the 300´ yacht I made a couple of weeks ago (above), to 280 feet. She will still have a heli-garage under the landing pad, tenders in pockets in the hull and spacious accommodations over six decks.

Attached Files:

9. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

E L E C T R A , 360´/ 110 M

Another Gigayacht along the same design theme as Pandora and Modesty.
    This time in classic white and with a pretty high and wide body. As many new yachts she will most likely have diesel-electric pods for quiet, vibration-free, fuel efficient and clean propulsion.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  10. hufloas

hufloas New Member

And what about the 200m design?
  11. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thank you for asking, but reality came in between so I have not had enough time to get it finished yet. Maybe after the holidays...? :)

As a hint on how she will look, I´ll post the very first outlines here;

Attached Files:

• 200m.jpg
      200m.jpg
      File size:
      16.9 KB
      Views:
  12. hufloas

hufloas New Member

Thank you for the advance. She looks great and very original (I can't wait to see her finished). Has she got a name yet?
  13. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Let´s name her after our Swedish Crown Princess; Victoria. Good enough? ;)
  14. hufloas

hufloas New Member

Beautiful name... and beatiful Princess.
  15. schnibbelfitz

schnibbelfitz Senior Member

Really nice!

Hi Lars,

it is really a pleasure seeing all your concepts here. I love seeing inspiring ideas and concepts and hope that they will one day come to be built in reality. Thanks for being on this forum. I hope you will be sticking around for a while even when you become rich and famous (maybe you already are?) ;)

Any chances of seeing deck plans of the 165m? :D

Thanks again, nice work, Lars.

Best regards,
    Olli
  16. jmarshall

jmarshall New Member

Lars,

Your work is absolutely incredible. I'm amazed at how quickly you can put something together from concept to full mock-up. I, too, am a fan of Bannenberg, and I think your work would make him proud. Like others, I would love to see some floorplans for some of the larger designs. Not that I'll be able ever build one, but the dream remains...

In particular, would you be willing to share the Royal Britannia plans? I saw the retired ship last year on holiday in Scotland and fell in love with her. I think I bought every book they had in the shop.

Also, do you remember a design that Bannenberg did for Baglietto? It was in the late 80's and called "Baglietto Classico". It was reviewed in an Italian magazine, but I never saw anything on it again, and have yet to find it out on the seas. I was hoping someone, somewhere, would know of her.

Keep up the great work!
    JRM
  17. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi JRM,

Thank you, and the Baglietto you have seen was one of my favorites too! I saw it as an unfinished hull and superstructure in Italy where it was abandoned for a while. Later I think someone finished her, but not exactly as good as she was intended, I only remember to have seen one picture that must have been of this boat.

The yacht on a previous page that I call Futura, is inspired from this Bannenberg design and I once showed it to him to get his reaction on the similarity? But he was kind and said it was a "very refrained and good looking yacht"!

Regarding deck plans I have not made GA:s on yachts bigger than 55 m (180´) mainly because the added space can be used in so many ways depending on the clients ideas. Maybe I will finish the GA:s for the 70 m Explorer Polara since I am currently preparing the deck plans for a model to be made...

/Lars
  18. jmarshall

jmarshall New Member

Lars,

I would love to see the GA of the explorer when they are ready. She looks to have enough room for just about anything you could want on your "around the world" voyage. Full medical suite, plenty of private space, as well as generous amounts of public space to keep from going crazy on those long voyages. As you have previously captained, I'm sure you would create generous crew arrangements.

In thread #54, you offered to send a pdf of a 50 meter if anyone wanted it, along with the GA. Is that offer still open? I'd love to see it! My email is jym@hilldweller.com

Also, thanks for the update of the Baglietto Classico. The article (at the time) indicated she was in the build process, so I was suprised to never see anything more on her. I appreciate you sharing with me.

JRM
  19. capitan_buzo

capitan_buzo New Member

Did you finish the 200m design yet Lars?
  20. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Lars will be in Monaco from December 18th to January 2nd.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.