Click for JetForums Click for Cross Click for Burger Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service

Lars Modin Design II

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by AMG, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I too can make radial gradients, but not curved, which would be super...

Are you sure you can not get more colors in? I have like a bar with one color each end, but then I can drop any color in between the two, just next to the bar. Try!
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Carl, I know exactly what you mean. I have had half a dozen boats where you can lift the windscreen from the bottom up, so that you get as much air as you want. On the hardtop version I guess an AC would work as well.
  3. tantetruus

tantetruus New Member

You might be able to make curved gradients in Corel Xara, (or just Xara, dont know how its called right now with all the takeovers..) .
    Xara is a vector oriented programme where you can make beautiful curves VERY easy and after that you can then copy those and make curved gradients of em.
  4. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Sorry about hi-jacking your original topic Lars. So I have responded on another thread -

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16778#post16778

Kelly
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

POWER-SAIL

This 46 m yacht-concept might be the future, despite the neo-classical styling.
    Built with hightech materials and propulsion, maybe solar sails and electric pods... :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2005
  6. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Not one of my favorites, but in these changing economic times... I like the concept. :)
  7. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

OK Carl,

The bow was a little challenging, so I have now straightened it... ;)
    But otherwise, built with Superyacht finish, I bet she will overshadow any of all the white yachts in this size...:)
  8. KCook

KCook Senior Member

And good luck with that rig on a yacht that size :p
  9. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

You must know something that I don´t?
  10. Ricardo Barroso

Ricardo Barroso New Member

great alchemist

great coalition of styles

prow has the light touch of Titanic

aft has a light touch of the yacht Funchal

superstructure obviously... ;)

the mast makes remind something ..

as well the rig v
  11. Ricardo Barroso

Ricardo Barroso New Member

stairs

my stairs could be use in yours if you like .. :cool:

Attached Files:

12. KCook

KCook Senior Member

13. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yes Kelly, I agree.

However this is not a large sailing yacht, but a midsized motoryacht. Half the length of Athena and the mast is half as high as her masts. The sail is mainly for downwind assistance and to charge the batteries from solar cells.

A little inspired from the early steamers with staysails.
  14. Ladies choice

Ladies choice New Member

Lars will that same design of your express cruiser shrink down to a launch size to fit inside your 50m eye in the sky exploration yacht you designed for me?

I am still looking for that perfect silvery ice blue for a hull color, not into greys, too much like a warship to me. I am thinking more on the side of a lighter blue but the other day I saw a chrysler crossfire car drive by that was silvery blue, a darker blue though then what I was imagining but on the same lines, I may stop by the Chrysler dealership to get a brochure for the paint code or chip.

Will a shipyard build not only the main yacht but also the matching tender and sailboat as well? Or am I better off finding the tender and sailboat off the shelf and just having them paint matched?

What did you envision for access to this "eye in the sky helm?

Staircase, elevator?

What about ventilation, will the windows on the 360 be able to open? All with wipers? IS this helm a walk around with a circular center bench perhaps and helm chairs facing forward? Have you any interior design layouts of this helm drawn up? Very curious as to how it would work for the captain and owners to enjoy both asthecially and function advantages.

I know I am probably asking the most basic of questions when it comes to building what interests me, I hope I am not a bother to you or anyone else on this forum in my quest of knowledge!
  15. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi LC,

The AMG-boat can not shrink enough to fit this yacht and to let the shipyard custom build tenders are extremely expensive compared to have a production boat modified.

The skylounge should not have any fixed steering arrangement, but a remote control for docking or temporary control. To get there will probably be a few steps from the elevator. As the whole yacht, this is an airconditioned area, you never want the ambient humidity to enter inside other than if you have special outdoor/indoor areas like sauna/gym or similar adjacent to sunbeds and jacuzzi.

The interior up there in the sky is up to your fantasy, music room, bar, armchairs, game table, whatever and there will be space for about eight people sitting down.

This is a place you use near the shore, in calm weather and when in port, especially at night it must be nice.
  16. Ladies choice

Ladies choice New Member

can you give me the dimensions of that eye in the sky deck? I would like to see a cut away or even a view looking down on it from both inside and out. To see how access is gained into it, how much floor space to arrange furnishings, would it be able to have floor to cieling windows? Or are they windows of standard sizes. I imagine a center ring of seating looking outwards, or even a window seat wrapping the outer edge 360 degrees.

A place like you said to go up and have a drink talk, enjoy the views etc... if it could rotate on a center axis like the space needle now that would be cool!

What about photoelectric skylight panals on the roof of that deck so that we can have clarity at night of the roof but it can go opaque in daytime to keep sunlight down, adjustable either automatically computer controlled or by manual input, either that or I would consider that to be the perfect place to do my star cieling with fiber optics and some shooting stars and painted night sky backdrop

I think I found the Ice blue that I want for a hull color, it is on the Shadow thread showing the Bell 222 helicopter and Submarine done up in that color, I also saw a very similar color at the Sony company web site for the "bean" Mp3 player, they call the color Tropical Ice Blue! I think that is a great color for a yacht, not too flashy or showy but still is nautical and brings some color to the marina's.

Are you able to copy that color and photoshop into your "lowered" design, I am not sure If I like that version more or not over the other one.

I see all these wonderful yachts from Sensation, Oceanaco, Oceanfast, Heesen etc.. that it is tempting to just buy one on the line and complete the interior, or one that is already done and ready to go, But then when I go back and look at your design, have new ideas to compliment that, see a Ice blue that I like etc.. IT is hard for me to NOT want to build a yacht of my very own, the hardest part is the 2 or more year wait to do that though!
  17. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

The skylounge is a circle 5 metre (16 feet) across, with a structure up to 1 meter wide in the centre. So you´ll have a 7 feet wide area around this.

About waiting two years? I think that with your imagination you will be involved with the construction so time will just fly... ;)

Attached Files:

• LCX4.jpg
      LCX4.jpg
      File size:
      36.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  18. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

110´ A B A C U S

My latest yacht is not entirely new, but a refined and shorter version of a previous concept.

She is inspired from landbased modern classic architecture without any hint of bubble or teardrop shapes which often put an early expiration date to the design.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  19. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Interesting...

Unlike many of today's curvy shapes, Humphries introduced a 60 knot, 37 meter yacht, in which they have called a "workboat" design...

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3423

Although it may not be appealing to everyone, you are probably right Lars, this may prove to be a timeless design. I like yours MUCH better! ;)
  20. tantetruus

tantetruus New Member

deja vu? :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.