Click for Perko Click for Mag Bay Click for Westport Click for JetForums Click for MotorCheck

Johnson High Tech 65 1995

Discussion in 'Johnson Yacht' started by G550, Aug 30, 2011.

1. G550

G550 New Member

Hi All,

My friend is thinking of buying a 1995 65 Feet JOHNSON HIGH TECH Euro.

The boat is in a very good condition and offers lots of space.

What do you think about those MAN 2842 LZE engines?

I am also looking for feedback good and bad
    quality
    features
    likes/dislikes
    necessary improvements
    performance
    handling
    maintainance

Thanks in advance!
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I don't have any experience with the 65 but I ve been running a 2002 70 which is really just an updated version

Well built, solid glass not cored, great layout (bill Dixon design) easy to maintain. Incredible aft deck. The one i run has a swim platform extension, about 8' deep!

On the down side low freeboard forward ( I ve stuffed the pulpit a few times) and when you hit head seas you realize that the huge VIP stateroom at the bow comes at a price...

The one I run has 3412 cats rated at 1400 and while it makes things a bit tight in the ER it cruises at 20 to 23 kts without breaking a sweat, top speed is just under 30kts. Personally i prefer to stay away from Mans.. Did the 3000 hr service 2 month ago on the cats for about $5k or so, painless compared to the Mans

Good boat, obviously not a hatteras but unfortunately at some point in ghe 90s Hatteras forgot that aft decks and swim platforms were where most people spent the most time on a boat...