Click for Perko Click for Furuno Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for Westport

Jim Smith Sportfish

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by Fishtigua, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

I have been looking for Jim Smith info for ages and they seem to have now got their website working.

Such fine boats. Do any of you guys have some experience with them, I've only been out on one but cannot remember the the name.

http://www.jimsmithboats.net/

Cheers

Fish
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Yes, I was the mate for about 6 months on a 2003 75' Jim smith SF with 16v2000's. Great, great, great sportfish. The boat was finished off beautifully, whether it was in the interior, in the engine room, or a dead bilge area underneath carpet and a hatch. The boat rode great (I was in it up until 4-6 foot seas. Was totally dry, we never once took spray over the rub rail. Performance was stellar, 35 knots @ 1950 burning 150gph so about 4 gpm, and a top end of 43 knots or so. It's the one sportfish I measure the rest of them too. It rode flat and stable at any speed. Cockpit layout and range was great also.

I have also been on a merritt, run a Sonny Briggs, B+D, Davis, Egg Harbors, every hatteras size, a few vikings and a few bertrams among others.