Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno Click for Mulder Click for Perko Click for Westport

Jersey Cape 48

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by polvito, May 27, 2010.

1. polvito

polvito New Member

I live in an area with little to no access to marina- and repair facilities,
    therefore need to go for a good strong boat. Have read a lot about the
    big supplies but am wondering whether there might be any feedback to
    quality and seahandling of the Jersey Cape 48. Appreciated.
  2. polvito

polvito New Member

Does anyone know anything about their boats, perhaps the 45 open ?
    Alternatively I will have to focus back on Cabo I assume.
  3. Liam

Liam Senior Member

I heard good reviews about the Jersey Cape boats.
    Jersey Cape are designed by Buddy Davis that is why they have the Carolina Flare, and rounded reverse shear line. Hull design is by Donald Blount.
    The 45 Devil is a fantastic boat. They have little deadrise aft so want be speed demons in a head sea, but then they go on the plane with little speed so should be quite comfortable.

A Cabo is more a world boat IMO with hull designed by Michael Peters, and a more moderate vee about fifteen degrees. I think the interior of a Cabo might also be plushier then to the JC.
    On the other hand a Jersey Cape will stand out a lot in a marina being a less commercial brand and having the looks of a Carolina Custom, without the heavy maintenance.
    You might also look at some Buddy Davis models while you are at it...
  4. Boatcapts

Boatcapts Guest

Jersey Cape/Cavileer

Just thought I'd add. The Cavileer 48 now Jersey Cape 48 was designed by Blount not Davis when Cavileer was owned by John DiDonato. They wanted a good Carolina style hull with a traditional Jersey topsides. They achieved that for sure. It's got plenty of interior living space an ample fishing cockpit along with a good sized fly bridge.
    I've run a few of them and it'll go anywhere you want in any kind of seas and at speeds that will surprise you!
    One of the best 48 footers I've run and there have been many!
  5. Boatcapts

Boatcapts Guest

Facts straight

I am here in South Jersey and have some local knowledge. Liam, the Jersey Cape/Cavileer 48' was designed by Blount not Davis. Not sure of the stories in Malta but facts are facts!