Click for Northern Lights Click for Cross Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger

Jarrett Bay 55

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by lhnewman, Apr 12, 2009.

1. lhnewman

lhnewman New Member

Hello again,

Still in cash position and new boats are coming into the picture. Pretty sold on used 51 Bertram, all things considered for me and my needs ...it seems to be the right boat. However, there is a 55 Jarrett Bay w/ 1050 mans out there.

Same year as the Bertram. If anyone out there has some knowledge and/or experience with this boat..please respond. I thin the fuel curve would be about the same: 21 knots at 52 gal/hr...25 knots @ 65 gal/hr or there abouts.

Lhnewman
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The Bertram cannot even compare in build quality to the Jarrett Bay, same with the ride and handling. Fuel consumption will be much better as well...... at 1950, they'll still burn 70gph but on the Jarrett Bay you're cruise speed should be 32-35knots...... considerably less Gallons per mile. The engines will generally burn the same GPH regardless of what boat they're installed in at a given RPM, but the speed of the vessel can be much greater, meaning you're covering a lot more ground with the same fuel.
  3. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

+1 to all that.
  4. lhnewman

lhnewman New Member

Thanks for your response on the Jarrett Bay...must be a nice boat.

lhnewman