Click for Delta Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning Click for MotorCheck Click for Northern Lights

Isis vessel monitoring systems

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Pascal, Aug 27, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I was told yesterday by Electronics Unlimited of FTL which I use when our ISIS system need attention that the manufacturer RGM has shut down. The 85 year old owner apparently still tries to support the systems but out of his home and in a very limited way...

Our system is still working but I wonder for how long.... they suggested switching to Maretron when ISIS no longer serviceable ... $20k Plus running the backbone .

latest issue was a broken fiber optic cable luckily close to one of the box with enough slack to cut the bad part.
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Maretron seems to be coming out with some innovative products, but Bob Maretron is no spring chicken either and wonder how the company would survive in the same event. He worked on a yacht that had the WIN95 based maretron engine gauges what was maybe 10 years ago and a very knowledgable and nice guy. But I cursed that installation, as it was on a SF with a 3 sided enclosure and would have rather had analog gauges (back then).
  3. tdec60

tdec60 New Member

Hi pascal, I have an ISIS 1000 system on our Burger that has finally died beyond my repair capabilities. Would you have any info on how to contact owner????
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I would think either the phone or the email still work but I haven’t tried it.
  5. Danvilletim

Danvilletim Senior Member

20k sounds cheap
  6. Vintimar

Vintimar New Member

If any of you still have an old ISIS system, I may be able to get these back up and running and future proof them at the same time in a cost effective way
  7. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Can you send me a message with your contact info? For now ours is running fine but it’s only a matter of time !
  8. ychtcptn

ychtcptn Senior Member

I highly recommend Vintimar, Vinit has been keeping our out of business monitoring system going for years, as well as all the other boats that have it.
  9. Jim Henson

Jim Henson New Member

Please contact me as I have an ISIS 700B that is mostly operational, but I have a few failures that I would like to have addressed. I’m not quite sure what you need from me email address? Mod Edit: Email Address Removed. Please Read The Rules.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2023
  10. mike Hartley

mike Hartley Member

VINTIMAR...can you send me also ur info...ive got Isis on our 76 Lazzara...
  11. Vintimar

Vintimar New Member

My contact details are on the Vintimar website. I have also sent you a private message with my contact information.
  12. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

13. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

The power supply on out ISIS crapped out a couple of weeks ago. I sent it to Vinit who diagnosed it as beyond repair but he built me a new one using a PC power supply. Back in business after just a week incl Christmas and shipping back n forth!
  14. Vintimar

Vintimar New Member

SeaEric,

I read your post. I have not worked with this hardware before. So if someone is already familiar with this and has given you a quote for repairing it, then it may be best to go with them.