Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Burger Click for Furuno

Is all design discussion like this?

Discussion in 'Yacht Designers Discussion' started by Opcn, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Opcn

Opcn Senior Member

Four of these on any frame you like.
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

the best way to make it look like it belongs there is to build a frame around it using the same material (wood I guess) used for the rest of the trim/bulkhead in that stateroom. not sure what you mean about straps, flat screens are usually mounted using brackets, some of them have a very low profile
  3. flboater65

flboater65 New Member

To give you an idea of what I'm looking at, check out www.framemytv.com, they use straps. Some of their frames are ok, but I don't get a warm and fuzzy about using them on the high seas. I just found a better company, www.hdenvy.com that I might go with, they appear to have a more secure method. Has anyone used them, either for marine use or home/business?

I hope it was ok to include those links, let me know if otherwise.
  4. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

Flboater
    The mirrored system shown in one of the links that you posted has a particular downside. Tried a similar product and any motion in the room or even the tiniest light source reflected off the mirrored surface in a most distracting way.
    Ended up with a product from a company in Florida that had retracting artwork in front of the screen. I can dig up the name of the manufacturer if it would help.
  5. flboater65

flboater65 New Member

Thanks Codger, I agree about the mirrored frames. I've heard they aren't all they're cracked up to be. I just want a basic frame, I'm thinking about going with the "traditional" frame from Hd Envy. It seems to be everything I'd need.
  6. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

Yes this is a great place to hang out. No, not many posts in several topic areas. Personally I'm not sure if it would suit YF if it became a reference library full of pictures of layouts, engine rooms etc. I do however enjoy the threads that show pictures of various yachts in build or visiting marinas and harbours....YF is set up with good balance overall IMO. After all, theres a myriad of links and heads-up in here toward various manufacturers and new launches etc for those who want to dig deeper.
    On the subject of post counts, I'm sure there are many like me on here who would love to say more, and more often but are perhaps a little reserved in their opinions or dont want to come across as a ubiquitous bore...as in all forums, its difficult to balance a willingness to participate with an on-line reputation as a gum flapper.