Click for JetForums Click for Cross Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Glendinning

Internet and WiFi

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Trak, May 28, 2018.

1. LM Viking

LM Viking Member

Just following up on this thread and went to CGcellular website. It looks like they are being restricted and as of 12-31-20 will limit to phones and tablets mainly.
    Another victim of the law of unintended consequences. With COVID data usage has gone up and now the major carriers are limiting resellers.
    They do indicate that they anticipate new contracts in February. ☹️
  2. ychtcptn

ychtcptn Senior Member

I got an email from CGcellular stating only will work in phones, tablets, no more routers. I guess I will be returning it. I just bought it last month and will be asking for a refund, doubt I will get it though.
    This seems to be happening to all the AT&T resellers of unlimited data.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I’m the Bahamas you can’t been My Island Wifi but they have a wait list. Second choice is Aliv which had unlimited data. Last is BTC... prepaid plans vary but having to deactivate a new plan every week is a pita

I m still running the cradlepoint IBR 1150 with my grandfathered ATT unlimited (same account and primary number since 1990) SIM and the My Island Wifi SIM for the Bahamas.