Click for Walker Click for Furuno Click for Nordhavn Click for Mag Bay Click for Cross

Interior Color

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by DON GREER, Jul 30, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. DON GREER

DON GREER Member

My port is Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
    I am in the beginning process of building a 78-footer and with one exception all is well.

The interior of the boat is teak with oak floors.

The issue is that a certain female does not like beige or brown and I am not interested in really bright colors. I prefer not to divorce her……but….hey this is boating after-all.

I am looking for boat interior color that works with the wood. I have looked at many of the existing boats on the market but most of them have a light carpet throughout and the colors work.

Does anybody have any pictures of furniture colors that work with oak floors and teak walls?

I am a conservative guy and this has become a problem. I usually fire problems but it doesn’t work in this case.

I need help.

Thanks……:)
  2. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

I suggest you give your wife what she wants inside. You'll get all the enjoyment you need on the bridge (and it sounds like you're getting exactly what you want in that department), so let her have a space to work with.
    My two cents
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

You didn't mention the planned use of the vessel. I used to run a 46 Bertram SF that was the wife's in summer (pretty furnishings, carpets,etc.), then stripped to the bones for hubby's fishing in the fall. Unless that's your situation leave the decor to your wife or she may fire you.;) Besides (although it sounds like we have similar tastes) earthtones and neutral colors were the 80's. Seriously though, the more involved your wife is in the process the more you'll get to use the boat and that's the bottom line. Like Ken said, you have the wheelhouse and machinery spaces. Let the boss decorate where she'll be entertaining.
  4. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

You don't have to necessarily nail down tack strips for carpeting; just have the carpet edges bound.
    That way, if there is a, ah, restructuring in the human resources department, that fuscia shag can easily go away.