Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Comfort Click for Abeking Click for Mag Bay

Inquest into 22 year old yacht crew member Michael Hanlon death

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by karo1776, May 26, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

In several written reports, the engineer was refered to as her and she. Even in my humble english, this sounds to me like a female. If this info will be wrong, what difference really does it make? May be one of those modern gender type problems :p.

"The Chief Officer claims to have seen him in the water and recognised that he looked scared. Rather than throwing a buoyancy ring to him, one of which was a few feet away from her, she decided to calmly walk away to find somebody to help him, leaving him alone, unwatched and seriously injured".

(Part of this emotional blog of the sister) I am also refering to local spanish news and newspapers and to information of my skipper a few jetties away from Kibo after the incident.

And I say again, if only half of the story would be true, it is still a very sad story. A crewmember working outside the hull without a second able person watching him and without wearing a "unconscious safe" life jacket does not show any innocence on the ships management side on the results of this occurance, period. And with able I mean, able in operating the lifting gear and rescue of a man over board on a vessel on anchor.

At the moment you are much closer to Kibo than me, as she is located in La Ciotat. But I can ask my skipper to send you one of those local newspapers to your private adress, if it has not changed lately.
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Since when is the Chief Officer an engineering officer?
  3. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Kiwi, you are correct, my bad. Then the Chief officer is or was a female. This is even worse, as she would otherwise been only an engineer :D.
  4. karo1776

karo1776 Senior Member

Spanish territory is not the best place to get into trouble with the law... they tend to beat a confession out of you. I don't know about their prison system... never been in it.

But in France prison is 90-95% muslim overcrowded and one putain de merde to be in..