Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for JetForums Click for Glendinning

Information

Discussion in 'Sunseeker Yacht' started by rookie1, May 13, 2008.

1. rookie1

rookie1 New Member

Hi there,
    First post on a large forum here, im wondering if anyone can tell me anymore information about the sunseeker yaught designs, e.g. who is their naval architect and where they draw their inspiration? What is the history behind the Yaught design and also what kind of constraints the designers and manufacturers work to.

In my opinion i think the Sunseekers have fantastic aesthetics however really how good is the build quality? from basic sketch design to final production of the product, can anyone give an honest unbiased opinion.

Would be great to hear from anyone who can give me a whole hearted review.

Thank you for your time.

RKIE
  2. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

The Sunseeker web site has a potted history of Sunseekers ....the beginnings as Sovereign, the early years as Poole Powerboats through to Sunseeker International as it is now. Don Shead Ltd. was the contracted Naval Architect from the mid '70s onwards (Google has a few gems on Don if you look hard enough).
    These days, Don is still very much involved on the consultancy side, but 100% of the design is undertaken in-house. I'm not in a position to give an unbiased opinion as to build quality etc etc.
  3. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, what is the number of people in the design department at Sunseeker?

Kelly