Click for Furuno Click for Mulder Click for Perko Click for Walker Click for Westport

In a name

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by Capt Ralph, Nov 28, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

er, ah, uh, eh,,,Not sure how to answer this or if I read it correctly. If below 10% off is low ball, then it's a real slow/lower/low ball offer.
  2. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

So the MH have never been out. No room to rebuild in the ER, I assume. So how long before that leak means a rebuild? Tearing out the floor is inevitable?
  3. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Not suggesting below 10% is low ball or hard ball or soft ball. I am under the impression that 10% below asking is fairly normal starting offer on most asking prices. I was just curious how low, without specifics, your shopper was thinking and what low ball actually meant.
  4. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Sometimes cross listing helps drive traffic to the ad? I have seen that done before
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

May need to rename this thread or start a new one;

Owner & broker aware of the clutch problem. Buyer demanding sea trial as a part of the offer. You can see where that's going....
    Hence the lower/low ball offer, may be a as-is / where-is purchas.

MHs never been out. No evidence of any heavy work. Near no evidence of much work at all in the E R.
    Behind the Port main is the batteries and breaker/switch box. On the main is the dump cans, fuel filters, junk & more junk. Plan 1a is pull all that stuff out of the way, lift the clutch a couple of feet, replace the seals, pilot bearing & clutch while we're there. 1b; The clutch may have to be swung to the middle of the ER if more room is needed. 1c; If it's toast, out the access hatch into the cockpit.
    Plan 2 (feared what is going to happen), pull that junk out of the way, punch a access in the saloon deck & out the saloon door into the cockpit.
    The cockpit / ER access is center line. The cockpit / saloon door way is right above the port clutch.
    I am liking plan 2 but my heavy mechanic wants to start with plan 1 (if this happens at all).
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Were past 25%
  7. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Thanks, my apologies for the thread drift. Back to clutches.
  8. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I'm afraid I'm the blame in the thread drift. I started asking about Viking /Rybo, then Hat's, then MH clutches, yada. Think I will still call Viking.
    I'll start a new thread when the stuff (offers) starts hitting the fan tomorrow (Monday) on the Hat. Offers, counters, counter counters, name calling... It's always fun to follow this stuff.
  9. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Rybovich just responded to my question about the Viking Rybovich plaque:

Hi Greg,

When Harvey Wilson bought the Rybovich yard in the mid 80's, he also became a Viking dealer. They had these plaques made up to put on the outside of the Vikings that said "Viking Rybovich". To my knowledge, nothing on the boats was changed other than the addition of the plaques. So any Viking Rybovich on the market is simply a Viking sold by Harvey Wilson. I've heard rumors that some of the plaques were left over and they installed a few on Vikings that would come into the yard to be refit with a Rybovich interior, but they're just rumors. In any case, these boats have nothing to do with the Rybovich family. Happy Hunting!