Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service

I´m allready seaman, so how I could get an engineer license?

Discussion in 'Licensing & Education' started by Engine_Kai, Sep 15, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Engine_Kai

Engine_Kai New Member

Hello all together,

I´m new in this Forum and I have some questions about the engineer license. I´m allready seaman and in the moment I work as an engine assistant (engineer assistant) on a german cruise ship. In this position I have 3 years experience.

Now I´m tinker with the idea to do an engineer licence for yacht boats.
    So my question now is, can I use the safety licenses I allready have (safety basic, advanced fire fighting, rescue boat) and the watchkeeping license, which are all in STCW95 standard, also for yacht boats?

And where is it possible to do the course/courses to get the engineer license?
    I know that the MCA ist responsible for the most licenses, so I have to do the training in England, or is it also possible to do it somewhere in Germany?:confused:

How long is the training, and how much does it cost?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
    Best regards
    Kai

I´m sorry for my english, but I hope everyone can understand what I like to say!:)
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

What STCW 95 Engineering Qualification do you hold?

You can cross commercial licences to yachts but nit the other way round.
  3. Engine_Kai

Engine_Kai New Member

My allready existing STCW95 licenses

Hello K1W1,

the following STCW95 licenses I have: Basic Safety Training (VI/1 A-VI/1), engine room watchkeeper (II/4, III/4 AII/4, AIII/4), survival crafts and rescue boats (VI/2 A-V1/2), advanced fire-fighting (VI/3 A-VI/3).

I'm no engineer, only engineer assistant!

I know that it's not possible to use the engineer license from yacht boats for commercial ships, but this is also not that I like to do. If I would do an engineer license for a yacht, I also would like to work on one.

Regards
    Kai