Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Furuno

I made an offer on a 1981 Super Sport 42'

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by Aaron McCann, Nov 24, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Aaron McCann

Aaron McCann Member

She's getting pulled out for some electronics and general maintenance the first of the year, then to Newport or possibly Coos Bay, but most likely Newport as soon as the weather cooperates.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Your drinking island sterno that I was shopping for, on Back order now.
    Think about what you are stating... An area that gets to see clear skies twice a year,,,, NOT...
    That same sunshine is taxed heavily and it is against the law to stock pile any sunshine.
    Therefor, it must always rain or at least maintain some wet clouds.
    If I'm not correct and you North Left Coasters try to argue, The IRS will find you ....
  3. Aaron McCann

Aaron McCann Member

I'll take a sterno "neat," in fact I'm on it now with plenty to go. As for sunshine, it happens 3 days a year and it drips the other 362. Merry Christmas and F@$k the IRS.
    chesapeake46 likes this.
  4. TimBB

TimBB New Member

Congrats on your purchase. I rebuilt a 1978 40ft Super Sport that has a cockpit extension making it 45' now. I have been through ever inch of my boat, I would be happy to help with any knowledge I can assist with.
    Best, Tim
  5. TimBB

TimBB New Member

Compress_20220101_114534_4258.jpg

The hull color is funky because I compressed the photo to upload,
    Aaron McCann and chesapeake46 like this.
  6. TimBB

TimBB New Member

old.jpg
    Aaron McCann likes this.
  7. Aaron McCann

Aaron McCann Member

Wow! your boat looks amazing!!! I've got some work to do for sure. I'm pulling it in the next couple weeks, needs new electronics. Blah Blah. Then it's just one step at a time. How long did it take you to get there? I sure appreciate any help I can get.
  8. TimBB

TimBB New Member

Well it is a never ending project, but is took me close to 8yrs to get it rebuilt - finishing in 2008. I did the majority of the work with one friend's help. I was working my day job m-f, could only work on the rebuilt on the weekends. I did sub-out all the new engines and generator install.
    As I said never ending, just repainted the outside of flybridge, toerails and front deck last off season. It was originally painted in 2006. This year I'm pulling the shafts to do new cutlass's and dripless shaft seals.
    i will pm you my #. Happy to share anything I can help you with. Your "one step at a time" qoute will be key, it is a large vessel with lots of systems.
    Aaron McCann likes this.