Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Walker

I also dabble in design as a hobby

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by Garry Hartshorn, Aug 5, 2005.

1. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Let's see ... The hull form suggests this is not a true displacement only design? The aft (lower) cockpit looks like it may have been salvaged from another yacht. I would be tempted to tone down the 3 big windows in the hull side a bit. But do love the generous deck space for the tender and the "healthy" mast..

I run my display at 800x600. Even so, I think you could post images with more width next time.

Kelly
  2. Garry Hartshorn

Garry Hartshorn Senior Member

True displacement yes but not heavy displacment. From my lines drawing the displacement is around 200 tons, the idea being that with a total of 850 SHP she would have a top speed of 14 knots and an economical cruise speed around 10 knots.

I take the point about the cockpit, in my mind it comes down to form and function. As a generalization I find cockpits nearly always look like an afterthought eventhough that may not be the case.

After I add a few more details I shall repost, hopefully I will get the image sixe a little better.

Thanks for the input Kelly
  3. CanuckBoater

CanuckBoater New Member

I realize that the design under discussion is 100 ' plus, but I'd like to draw your attention to a "backyard boatbuilder" 37'. George Bueller design, steel, etc. ... quite the craftsman.

http://homepage.mac.com/wendellgallagher/Helge/helge_entries.html

As for renderings in this thread, it is a pleasure watching you follow your dreams, with thoughtful input/time provided by others.