Click to Save Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno

Hynautic Steering

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by SplashFl, Feb 6, 2024.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. SplashFl

SplashFl Active Member

Found a small fluid leak so time to get the steering unit rebuilt. Anyone used Southern Charm or recommend another ??
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

If it is a pump leak, it is usually the front seal that leaks, right behind the wheel on the shaft leaking that requires a re-seal.
    A couple of O rings and that front seal is all that comes in the seal kit.
    Many times our customers had stated exactly what you typed above,, if not the front seal,, we find something is just loose behind the dash on the pump, not in the pump.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

A few years ago they rebuilt both helm pumps and the ram. Reasonable and fast service
    SplashFl and Capt Ralph like this.
  4. SplashFl

SplashFl Active Member

I'm sure it's a pump leak. After letting out all the air pressure it eventually stopped dripping. Color code marked the hoses but ran out of daylight so not yet removed the 3 of them, nor did I see the model number on the square pump.
    The photo Southern Charm posted was probably as they planned, intimidating, so filled out all the info for service but not yet heard back. Might be simple O-ring but some things probably best left for the pro's.

h-20-apart.jpg
  5. dewald

dewald Member

Used them Dec 2021 to rebuilt my Hynautic H-25. Nice guy did a great job. Nice thing he only a few miles away, so I was able to drop it off & pick it up when it was done.
    SplashFl likes this.
  6. motoryachtlover

motoryachtlover Senior Member

I worked with Ross of Classic Yachts on my Hynautic engine controls and I liked him a lot. He is out of Ft Myers but does travel. 239 850 3715
  7. SplashFl

SplashFl Active Member

Super; will keep his name if any issues with the controls that so far (other then then they take more pressure to move then I suspect is normal) have been good. Ages ago used to run a Striker with same Hynautic Controls but don't recall them being as "stiff," and all 3 stations about the same. Shipped the H-21 helm to Southern Charm today.