Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder

Hurricane Wilma: Yabba Dabba Doo!!!

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by CTdave, Oct 19, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

:D Done!
  2. stmbtwle

stmbtwle New Member

Freedom??? Somehow I always looked at a ship as something of a prison; with the potential for shipwreck. It paid well, tho!

Too far out for any storm surge here on Tampa Bay. Anyway if it tracks as predicted, we expect the water to go DOWN.
  3. JHA

JHA Senior Member

Alpha

Another system is right behind Katrina. This could be an interesting week to come. Glad I'm between boats at the moment. I had enough trouble with Katrina - pulled a deck cleat out, popped a line, and busted a triple dolphin. All with a little 120' tri-deck. Oh - and I saw about 80-90mph winds for that one....
  4. MYCaptainChris

MYCaptainChris Senior Member

Hmmm

I noticed there was something else out there too. Funny how it isn't getting a mention.

Chris
  5. YachtForums

Yabba Dabba Doo !!!

Compliments of Joe Moretti, from Moretti Yachts... Hurricane Wilma! Wishing all our friends and neighbors a quick recovery. See you at FLIBS! www.morettiyacht.com

Attached Files:

6. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

It is now. I just read that the tropical depression has officially been named "Tropical Storm Alpha".
  7. YachtForums

Wilma's not even here yet and a sequel's in the worx! :rolleyes:
  8. MYCaptainChris

not

They say alpha won't head this way, may delay the trip to Sint Maarten??? :(
  9. MYCaptainChris

good luck

Good luck all in the path
  10. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Stay safe everyone.
  11. YachtForums

Looks like we're on the north side of the eye path Chris. Strangely calm outside right now, just like the old saying. At the rate it's moving, this could be over by the time we wake up! ;)

Godspeed and good luck!
  12. YachtForums

It's 5:30 AM. Power is back on for the moment. Radar is showing the eyewall is still 50 miles offshore of Naples, but here in Palm Beach (east side of the state for our International members), I'm seeing gusts over 60 mph and we're atleast 150 miles away from the eyewall! This storm is nasty!!

OK... back to work before I loose power again. :rolleyes:
  13. MYCaptainChris

yep

Showing 60 mph here too.

Everyone south of LBTS seems to have lost power from what I can see. I've been lucky and haven't lost power at all!!!

P.S. I like the new look
  14. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

15. YachtForums

we're getting the backside of the eye right now. it's unbelievable. this storm has more punch than expected. barrel tile roofs are sheering apart. every tree has been
    raped. by far the worst storm i've been thru. just saw a pool screen cage, sixty x forty, rolling down the golf course... at about sixty mph. will post later.
  16. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

Let's hope and pray that this nasty B***H gets out of there in a hurry....and let's hope that this season is done for....and thank goodness that TS Alpha pooped out!!!

Let's just REALLY hope that what we saw this season is not just the beginning of something more sinister in years to come!!!! If this season (a new record) is anything indication of what is in store for years to come, then maybe we all need to move to higher ground!!!

Stay SAFE!!!! TO blazes with images if it puts you in harm's way!!!

Cheers,

17. YachtForums

got a ton of pics today. will upload asap. curious... how is the westcoast? can't imagine, after seeing the damage here. hope they are ok. please post news stories! need something to read!

it's dark now. candles & cookies for hurricane supplies. who knew wilma would turn into such a bad blind date?

thanks all!
  18. MedRascal

MedRascal Senior Member

Wilma aftermath to Boat show....

Does any one know if the Miami and Ft Lauderdale Internatiuonal Airposrts have been re-opened? If not when are they scheduled to be?

How are the conditions in Ft Laudeerdale? Was there much damage to the show location?

I was supposed to fly in from Europe today but we postopned (gladly!) the flight to thursday...

Thanks for your info available to be posted!
  19. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Carl (or perhaps anyone else in the Lauderdale area), could I ask a small favour?

If you happen to be taking a drive around the area, would it be a big deal to take a drive past my grandfathers place in Lauderdale Lakes? Maybe get some pics? We've tried contacting some neighbors with no luck (no phones, d'uh), and we're kinda' curious if there's a place left down there. My grandfather usually winters down there, but now he's wondering if he even has any place left to bother going to.

His place is near Oakland Park Blvd. and the 441. If that's close to where you can check I'll PM you the actual address and directions.

Thanks
  20. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

Airports

Fort Lauderdale is supposed to be up and running later this afternoon.
    Miami is still closed with no re-opening time shown.

http://html.local6.com/sh/idi/news/airlines/index-delays.html