Click for Furuno Click for Abeking Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service

Hunt 33 Surfhunter Jet Drive

Discussion in 'Unique, Custom or New Yachts' started by rschulte, Mar 27, 2015.

1. rschulte

rschulte New Member

Hi Folks -

I have a Hunt 33 Surfhunter. Great, boat.

Hunt, however, is not terribly responsive when requesting information about the vessel.

I am looking to source a few parts.

First, my helm chair is failing. It has an an arm which integrates the jet drive joy stick. Any idea to whom I can turn for a replacement? I've asked Hunt, but they don't return my calls.

Second, there is some window rubber trim which has mildewed. I'd like to replace it. Same question.

Third, does Hunt use a particular "white" gel coat that I can match by number (like a paint code)? I have some minor fiberglass repairs that I'd like to make, but do not want to go through the trial and error process of gel coat matching if, in fact, there is a specific way to know or secure the mix.

Any ideas?

Cordially,
    RDS
  2. legacy

legacy New Member

RDS-

I know your boat well. At one point it was docked at Black Pearl Yacht Sales in FL, when they were a Hunt dealer.

I purchased a 34 Whisperjet that they were brokering and looked at your Hunt briefly.

I don't recall, but most likely your helm seat was manufactured by Bristol Cushions in Warren, RI, unless it is a Stidd. Swiss is located in Greenport, NY.

I'm not sure but the hunt window frames look a lot like the ones that the early Whisperjets utilized. These were manufactured by a company called Aluminum 2000. They were purchased by Pompanette, and then sold again. The gasket material is still available through the company that bought them out. Do a search for Aluminum 2000, and the new owner comes up.

If you can't located the information you need, I am friendly with one of the Hunt sales people that had a lot to do with several of the jet boats they had built.

Good luck

Dan Harden