Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross

hull number on my 1963 roamer 32'

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by iaranicki, Nov 1, 2005.

1. iaranicki

iaranicki Member

hello,
    on my tittle the hull number wrong so I finally went to check the number on the boat.
    now I am even more confused as this hull number does not exist in "reference guide" from the mariners' museum.
    the number is RXB 32 216 R
    I have found the brass plate which is in good condition and the number is clearly stated in addition I have also found the number on the steel close to the engine (same number)
    is it another "bug" in the reference guide ? as the picture for 32 is not a picture of a 32' but 43'?
    If anyone has more details on hull number for 32.
    please let me know
    thanks
    Ivan
  2. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Hull number sounds correct.
    The Essential Guide is just that, only it aint perfect (yes thatz a 43' not 32' shown). No big deal, sounds like you got it right.
    Eric
  3. iaranicki

iaranicki Member

I think it is not only the guide but admin processes were a old manual hand written records.
    I received the documentation from Gerry on the this Boat and the listing of all 32 in fact on the CRUISER EQUIPMENT RECORD it is a RXC0216 and Not RXB 0216 but it is definitly this boat as it was sold to a dealer In Switzerland and shipped on april 3 1963.

I also received the list of all hulls I noticed an interesting fact:
    32-201 was shipped to the dealer on 9/1962
    32-202 was shipped to the dealer on 7/1963
    32-203 was shipped to the dealer on 2/1964
    32-204 was shipped to the dealer on 9/1962
    32-205 was shipped to the dealer on 10/1962
    and so on...
    This just tells me that hull numbering seems not to have been shipped from the factory in chronological order.
    this probably explains why in a serie early can have a later yeal on the title.

has anyone observed the same fact for the other models ?

Ivan