Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums Click for Furuno Click for Walker Click for Delta

Huckins Yachts

Discussion in 'Huckins Yacht' started by YachtForums, May 18, 2004.

1. mabruteam

mabruteam New Member

Lady Charlotte 65 Huckins 1971 hull #406

Hull 406 vessel history, previews captains, old pictures, crew, passengers, repairs: I need to know more about this Boat before I plunge all my life savings into her. please help.
    I am selling on ebay my perfect looking and running boat to finally get into my Dream Boat, took 14 years to refit my last one and now is getting sold for just pennies for each $ invested. this is a picture of my old engine room.

Attached Files:

2. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

So what vessel are you selling?

I'm confused with some of the postings, names, lengths, and years.
  3. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

If you want 406 to be in perfect Yacht condition, I would budget at least $250,000. A cousin of mine saw the boat last year with the man who helps me with my restorations, and they got to an outer limit of $ 1 M which did include new power,and an allowance for unforeseen bottom repair. Interior/ exterior refinish alone could eat up $ 175,000, so it would not take much to get well North of 250.
    Best,
    Maldwin
  4. mabruteam

mabruteam New Member

Maldwin, thank you for your reply, hull #406 is equipped with Man D25 mechanical 12V, I was told that the engines got completely redone before putting them on storage, why do they need to be replaced? this vessel was on Yachtworld advertized as single engine, wood, and new engines 2004 12V man 1050 HP, in reality they are not D28 but D25 only 650HP X2 all the electrical including chargers are new, the steering is also new, the wood work inside is not that bad, we are planning to keep it original combined with all white soft goods( carpet, window, cushions, beds) new electronics, the air conditioning water loop will have to be reinsulated. new batteries.
    Windows are not all in good shape and some glass must be replaced.
    the outside is not in good shape, but we are planning to do a full paint job including varnishing as original. This paint job will be done in house by us at Lauderdale Marine Center.
    I keep getting bad news about those engines, I already put a deposit to hold this vessel and it is important to for me to get the real history behind all those rumors. The final payment must be done before the end of this week, I love the boat but I am about ready to give it up if I have to re-power.
    My last repower was on a Buddy Davis 47 for a good customer, our cost was over $230K installing 800 HP Scania engines,

Admin Edit: Promotional Rhetoric Removed!
  5. RER

RER Senior Member

Just an FYI about Yachtworld - the format for uploading vessel specs was designed by someone with little knowledge of boats.

When up-loading specs, engine details must be entered individually for each engine. Some brokers miss this detail. If not entered properly on a twin engine vessel the listing default setting will display as single engine.
  6. mabruteam

mabruteam New Member

Mabruteam

I am buying the Hull #406 Huckins Lady Charlotte.

I am selling a 1982 Trojan 10 meter all customized by me, it took 14 years to end-up with a perfect boat, but I realize that now that I am about to be retired I am looking for a large boat, my Trojan is listed on ebay item # 231116819027 full paint job Cummins 6bta 5.9 375 HP 30kt in perfect condition reserved set at $35K buy now $45K all this because I want the Huckins lady Charlotte #406

Any help will be appreciated, I work very hard doing service for yachts and Megayachts, I can't make a mistake on this new purchase, looking to have a nice boat to be able to travel with my wife. We are not looking for a floating nightmare.
  7. mabruteam

mabruteam New Member

I also knew 'Charlotte Lady' pretty well and her twisted tale.

Can you please give me as much information on the twisted tale, I am about to close this deal. Thank you
  8. sailusvi

sailusvi Member

Congratulations, you sold it.

9. Lawrenc

Lawrenc New Member

As I am still bound by a confidentiality agreement, I can't say much on an open forum- if you'd like to contact me privately, I sent a private message with my contact info.

good luck with her either way.

Lawrence
  10. mabruteam

mabruteam New Member

Huckins hull 436 Brena video

Lawrence, here is a video and some pictures of the Blue eagle now Brena
    Brena 1987 82' Huckins - YouTube
    I will be calling you today regarding Scarlet Lady/ Hull 406

Attached Files:

11. Lawrenc

Lawrenc New Member

Thanks- I miss that boat something fierce. Nice to see her so well kept.
  12. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Dear Mabruteam,

Your last post containing a confidential letter has been removed. WTH were you thinking when you posted this publically? Did you have permission? I didn't think so...

I have also edited other posts where you have taken the liberty of promoting your marine services. We take a zero tolerance approach to promotion on YF.

Next time, your membership will be removed.
  13. mabruteam

mabruteam New Member

I respect your decision. the confidential information was about a vessel that I was purchasing: Hull #406, was listed on yacht world with 2004 Man 1050 HP, the email confirmed the mistake by stating that they are from the 80's and only 650 HP. the archives on this thread will keep future buyers looking for information on each Huckins with facts and no rumors.
    Was frustrating to receive only misleading information from post response by stating that engines were bad and needed to be replaced, none had the fact straight, In my opinion I believe now that the engines will require to have only minor work to put them back in service, they are Mechanical V12 650 HP. D25
    Regarding advertising my services was not my intention, I was making a point that I am qualified and credible to give advise on this post.
  14. oreman

oreman New Member

Hi friends,

I am new to the forum and love the Huckins yachts! Mr Moffit looks like our Zorro! Very cute fellow.
  15. oreman

oreman New Member

We have another cat named Buddha! he is a monster at 24 pounds and close to 15 inches at the shoulder. He was a feral cat, ( like all of our pets) so we took him in. It took about 3 months before he trusted us and would regularly swat my wife when she would bring him food! He would never extend his claws, just hit with his paw. It still caused bruises!

We have five dogs and they avoid him like the plague!! When he walks toward them, they part like the Red Sea!! LOL! If they do not move fast enough, they get hit. Funny as can be.
  16. PSparrow

PSparrow New Member

53' Huckins

Plans change! I've put Two's Enuff back on the market.
    She's a great boat, but life got in the way.
    There are some other photos a few posts back.

Attached Files:

17. rhodemon

rhodemon New Member

18. MYCaptainChris

MYCaptainChris Senior Member

Well I am now the proud owner of a Huckins.
    I am going to be doing a running restoration while myself and my family enjoy the 53' Two's Enuff. (New name Avida)
    I will post pictures as the restoration moves along and of trips.
  19. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Look forward to your explorations and updates.
    Open a new thread and we will follow.

Best safe adventures with your new ship,
    rc
  20. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Congratulations! Keep us posted.