Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Comfort Click for Mag Bay Click for Mulder

How to become a deckhand?

Discussion in 'Licensing & Education' started by Fransisco, Aug 25, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Resert

Resert New Member

Two jobs are better than one - but you have to do both very well )

If they're more established and get 2 jobs at the same time, you might end up with one.
  2. Resert

Resert New Member

The sea is beautiful, the yachts are the best in the world. Instead of sitting at home and watching TV, it is better to go live somewhere on a distant island, buy a yacht and spend all your free time at sea. It is a pity that it will be expensive, but this is the purpose of my life. By the way, I think I'll save up money for a house on the island and for a beautiful yacht
  3. Nathan Yount

Nathan Yount New Member

I too have looked into this a while ago and I have always been perpetually positive and since I also do some ghost writing for several authors I wanted to use the manual labor and open oceans to clear my head with some extra provided perspective. This past year has been some of the most screwed up periods of my life and I don't normally have those because I actively identify and prevent bad people from coming into my life. I have recently turned down two dream jobs that pay fantastically well one was even a director level at a company in the Russell1000 (like S&P500 but 1000 companies instead)...turned all this down in pursuit of a a bigger dream with a life partner with shared goals so I thought.

I had a bunch more to my post, but I guess it didn't like my occupation answer and deleted half my post in a glitch. Basically looking for advice and become a deckhand for a year while I formulate my next book. I have a Chem Degree, some First Aid and survival trainings, fire and Crowd management certs, heavy machinery certs, can fix about anythings and have remodeled houses before, as well as invented and researched several maritime related things including fuel. Not sure if their are waivers which I am sure their are since it would be silly to have someone who worked for the coast guard to basic level training when you are at an expert level. Just an over educated deckhand looking to enrich someone's life and clear my head for a year.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2024