Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay

How many 53's?

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Quality Time, Jul 23, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

So out of curiosity, how long have you owned the boat and did you have any issues. There's the long standing position that the first hull is the learning curve for the manufacturer.
  2. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

As a quick refresher, here is what the entire HIN number represents, usually in the upper STBD side of the transom:

upload_2019-4-29_8-15-37.png
  3. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

thanks!

I believe the last 2 digits refers to the year the hull was laid or when the number was assigned to the vessel.

With larger boats it is quite possible to have the year on the hull number conflict with the year the boat was actually sold.

Also, I think the letter and number before the year refer to the month the HIN was assigned.
  4. ewibberley

ewibberley New Member

Ok, here we go. I have owned the boat for two years and the previous owner was in Puerto Rico. I am not sure how much time the boat spent in Puerto Rico. There are 2 issues that I believe are manufacturer issues and another that may or may not be.
    1. The forward fresh water tank is cracked on the top next to the fill hose. Possible delamination of the glass.
    2. The helm panel was not sealed well and I am in the process of replacing all of the switches and repairing the corroded wires. Also, the drop down box in the hardtop that the engine start/ignition/shutdown switches are, is getting water in it that is coming through the hardtop. This issue may not be a Post issue but may be from work done after the boat was bought. (Kind of like the 12V underwater lights hooked up to the 24V system) I am sure Post didn't do that.
    3. I was fishing offshore and encountered heavy rain and high seas. I got an alarm in the cabin and we started smelling smoke. There was water running down behind the electrical panel just inside the salon. I shut down the generator to kill the ac power and started heading in. Smoke was starting to fill the cabin but I was afraid to shut down the dc side of the panel because I was not sure if my electronic controls would function and we were in a severe storm. After reaching the dock we investigated the issue and found that there is a drain hole on the bridge deck that drains below deck and there is are two more drains on the port and starboard side above and aft of the windows. My starboard side drain was clogged with debris so the water backed up. Just so happens that the drain is above the electrical panel so that is where the water goes.
    I hope that was not too confusing. Just make sure that drain is working. I had rainwater and seawater from the spray flowing through the back of the panel.
    I really do love the boat though. It is a tank. We stepped up to it from an 1986 48' Ocean.
  5. Scope Creep

Scope Creep New Member

How is your performance with the C-18s?
  6. ewibberley

ewibberley New Member

I cruise at 25/26 kts. Have had it to 34 kts wot light on fuel.
  7. Scope Creep

Scope Creep New Member

Interesting, mine isn't much different with the 1200hp MTUs I get 25 kts at 1800 RPM and top out 33-35 kts. Top end is about the same fully loaded or light.