Click for Burger Click for JetForums Click for Delta Click to Save Click for Westport

Holiday meals onboard?

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by Capt Ralph, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I have to report;
    3 turkeys down.
    1 pig down
    Zero Trichechus manatus latirostris, A. mississippiensis or Testudines harmed.
    (Pardoned by da boss).
    More fine vegetables and fancy pies anybody could imagine.
    Before we casted off, Chocolate sample gifts in da mail.

I love the holiday feast and it's not over yet.
    Wonder why da boat is listing my way????
  2. NEO56

NEO56 Member

So? How did you end up doing the Turkeys? Please tell me you shot the Pig on the bank and killed him with a .22 rifle with a scope while underway. If so, I'd be very impressed...and have a whole new respect for your cooking savvy, and as a great hunter!:D
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I got da pig from the flybridge with standard 7.62x39 NATO round @ 75-80 yards, drifting down black creek. Thought a gator was going to get to it before me when Josie started slug cover fire from her Saiga 12 (with drums).
    Josie got a new Saiga 12 for x-my-ass 2 years ago. Last year, fixed it up nice with more drums, side handle, mini scope and strap. She bagged 2 of the birds with it on Fed#6.
    The third bird, Josie's son jumped on from a tree and by hand broke it's neck.
    I'm still upset on not bagging a Trichechus manatus latirostris this season (yet). Josie usually pulls me behind the boat (like conch or bug hunting) near a spring run off. I can plane towards one, laso it with a line from the davit. Winch it on board before the DNR finds us.

If you read any reality into any of that, Let me tell you about my diving from helicopters for shark hunting.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I always thought a Saiga 12 with drums would be a great asset to have on a boat. Kind of like the old street sweepers. 12 rounds of 00 buck or slugs, should offer good protection. I've seen wild boars on the side of the ICW in early morning hours.....problem is, never had anything next to me on the FB and going to retrieve one would be a little difficult.....LOLOL
  5. NEO56

NEO56 Member

Thanks Ralph, I needed a good laugh today! Sounds like you're having some great fun.
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Saiga 12 drums hold 20. Have 4 on board (no stuff).
    ,rc
  7. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Just tied back up 20 minutes ago. S$%^&. Hate it when that happens.
    Wife (boss) pull that work order list thing on me again. Hate it when that happens also.
    She even pulled rank (Admiral/owner) to get me back and did not believe that out of fuel story (it used to work). Still hate it when that happens.
    I threatened a Natalie Wood mutiny and she threatened to pull out Sophie (her Saiga 12). Man, I really hate it when that happens.
    Could you tell she was getting low on cigarettes? Wow, I really hate it when that happens.

Oh New years resolution, Stop smoking. Think I'm gonna leave the country for a while.