Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service Click for Walker

Help design the ultimate retirement boating plan!

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by SSonny, May 29, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Either a Hatteras or the Sunseeker can be equipped with stabilizers which will manage the roll just fine, even at 10 knots.
  2. ClassicK

ClassicK New Member

So, are we not outing the Manhattan 52, or even the Hatteras for that point, as a practical boat for the 10 knot, longer distance. 6' wave trips?

I'm going to visit the London Sunseeker office this week when I return to town, but I only expect to get thumbs up from them about pretty much everything. So far this place has been a great source and variety of feedback, so thank you everyone.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Most planning boats are VERY stable at hull speed, versus the Marlow's and Offshores that wallow around and NEED stabilizers. And, If they have a seakeeper, it's like being in your living room.
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

We often run the 84 Lazzara at 10 kts across the stream or NW channel to Nassau and the stabilizers work fine keeping things steady. And with a top speed of 32kts it s hardly a slow boat.

Now, I d hate to loose the stabs ...
  5. saltysenior

saltysenior Senior Member

I mentioned older models...... the depreciation is already paid and the lower price will allow as much re-fit as you chose