Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Walker

Hello & Help w/ suggestion for seating

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by Bert 50, Jan 14, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Bert 50

Bert 50 Guest

Greetings fellow Bertram owners. I've been lurking for years and have learned a lot from the contributors of this forum.

I recently acquired a Bertram 50 (1988) and am in the throws of a refit. The boat is finally out of the shop and with spring right around the corner I am in need of suggestions on whom I might find to help with fabricating quality Mezzanine Cushions and possibly replacing the Bridge Cushions on our boat. I'm looking for something nicer than the original factory white vinyl seats.

I'm familiar with a company in NJ that does a lot of work for several major SF builders, but looking for someone 'closer to home' to do this work if possible. Perhaps I'll get the courage to post some pictures of our refit updates once I know how to size the photos properly to avoid any troubles with the management. :)

Thanks for any and all feedback you can provide!
    -v
  2. RER

RER Senior Member

Just about any marine canvas shop should be able to recover your exterior seating. Including material upgrades/customization. Ask the owners of well maintained boats at your marina if they would recommend the guy they used.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

That recommendation RER speaks of is so very important. My experience has been that there are at least 5 schlock canvas shops to every good one. Personally, if I was from Baltimore, I think I'd take a drive down to Annapolis to talk with some people.