Click for JetForums Click for Mag Bay Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn

Headhunter head check valve

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Pascal, Dec 15, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Has anyone had issues with the clear Check valves headhunter uses on their heads?

I ve had issues with one of our head occasionally clogging which is odd since the **** things are pretty much bullet proof. Using a shop vac would fix the issue for a while, the head would flush perfectly for a few days or weeks and then it would clog again

I finally but the bullet, pulled the head, disconnected the plumbing behind and it turns out the flapper in the check valve has broken loose. Explains the random symptoms.

heads are 10 years old. Is this a normal issue on these? I m hoping it s a fluke because I don’t look forward to replacing another 6 after this one!

I was actually surprised to see how clean the inside of the pipes was. No build up whatsoever I guess thanks to the high pressure flushing keeps the plumbing free of growth

B05C4442-8876-48E8-A5F1-D63CD53D4A23.jpeg B5C78926-8B89-4588-9D28-7DB3DD75D644.jpeg
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Are you sure that's a headhunter part? That looks like a run of the Mill Home Depot part. Yes, they're at the end of their lifespan. With the amount of use you guys do, Replace all 6. Have fun!!!!!! :D
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

No it s not a headhunter part, probably supplied by them. Not sure.