Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights

Head shower floor tile lifting and loose

Discussion in 'Princess Yacht' started by Fixinbones, Jun 7, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Fixinbones

Fixinbones Member

I just noticed that one of the floor tiles on my Princess V72 head shower is loosening up. I’m not sure what they’re made of but they are black hi gloss and are fairly large about a foot by a foot. When I stand on the tile you can see some slight m0tion and moisture being expelling from the seam next to the adjacent tiles I’m wondering if this is something I can repair by lifting up the loose tile, drying the area beneath and then gluing the tile back down. If so any advice on how to handle this And what materials to use ? Or should I leave it to a professi0nal?
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I had this happen within 2 months on a new 2019 62' and water leaking all over master carpet. If the tile is loose and water comes out when you step on it, you're going to have some damage to the subfloor below the tile. I'd get a professional in, most likely the only way to fix it correctly is to pull up all of the tile, see what damage is underneath and put all new tile down.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

The tiles shouldn’t be what’s sealing the bottom of the shower. There should be liner or Pan
  4. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

+1 if there isn't a pan liner then you have a whole lot of other issues that will be showing up.