Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Delta Click for Westport Click for Burger

Hatteras 77

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by NC1, Aug 13, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. NC1

NC1 Guest

Does anyone know if Hatteras, or Bertram or Viking for that matter, would do some kind of retractable roof arrangement on an enclosed flybridge? I'm thinking something similar to what Sunseeker has on their sport yachts. It would solve the "problem" of being totally enclosed unless out on the busines end, yet would retain comfort in foul weather. Just curious if anyone had come across this or had given it any thought.
    Thanks
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

A phone call to the factories would give you the answer you're looking for. I would think that in this market, the manufacturers would be more willing to entertain the idea in order to sell a boat.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I'm thinking that that would add a lot of weight up high where you don't want it. Also, the space there is limited and often utilized by radar, sats, liferafts, mounts for a tower, etc. leaving only room for hatches. On Sunseekers and such you often need that open roof for your head if standing at the helm.
  4. NC1

NC1 Guest

Good points, NY, I'm just trying to figure out a compromise to keep fishability while accomodating the "open air" aspects of some of the cruiser yachts. The search continues...
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

EZ2CY gives you the clarity of solid glass but with the option of opening up. Next best is heavy guage isenglass. Another option I've seen on several enclosed flybridges is a 2nd control station outside of the bridge enclosure or a tuna tower.
  6. NC1

NC1 Guest

Tuna tower is definately on the list, just trying to get her somewhere to be in the sun without hanging out with the fish... Thats why the retractable roof was so appealing. Maybe the glass that opens would suffice...