Click for Comfort Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Cross

Hatteras 58 Convertible

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by kps454, Nov 3, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. kps454

kps454 New Member

Looking at the 58 convertible or possibly mid 90's 54. Can't find any info on the 58, and only slightly more on 54 of that vintage. Comments?
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

What would you like to know? The 54' was a much better riding hull.......the early 58's would lean over and ride on the side of the chines, they put a lip at the side of the hull after several which helped it a little bit. It was really bad with a tower, not so bad with a hardtop. The 58' rides pretty decent in a moderate sea.....but a rough beam/stern 1/4 sea was downright scary. The 58' is a large boat inside and has a large cockpit and rides nice on the troll.
  3. kps454

kps454 New Member

Thanks Capt J for the reply, I suspected there were some issues. I've run some boats with handling issues and no matter how nice the accommodations I'll take the better ride every time. I'll focus on the 54 or perhaps a 55 that has been cared for. Don't need high 20's speed. Appreciate it.