Click for Burger Click for Cross Click for Walker Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service

Hakvoort 39.7-meter "Apostrophe"

Discussion in 'Hakvoort Yacht' started by Yacht News, Apr 15, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

New thread created for the newly launched near 40-meter "Apostrophe". All relevant information and photos about and of her can be posted in this thread. She looks alot better in reality, pretty sleek, guess we have to wait and see how she looks when the mast is added.
  2. Yacht News

Aft shot as well as a look at the mast of "Apostrophe".

Attached Files:

• aft.jpg
      aft.jpg
      File size:
      42.9 KB
      Views:
    • mast.jpg
      mast.jpg
      File size:
      41.9 KB
      Views:
  3. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

4. karo1776

karo1776 Senior Member

Appears much the same general shape layout to SnowbirD. I think this is the general and practical trend in yachting today... not the style but the high freeboard at the bow. Deck space at the bow including seating area. Full hull width forward and also behind the bridge. SnowbirD has some of the most beautiful and practical deck space of any 40m ish yacht.
  5. Yacht News

Sundeck photo...

Attached Files:

6. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

"Apostrophe"

One fact, which is (almost) always amazing for me, when studying the GAP of those yachts, what percentace of space and volume of those yachts, is finally reseved for the crew.

The HR pdf version of the GAP can be downloaded from their website.

Attached Files:

7. 'RoundTheHorn

'RoundTheHorn Senior Member

MY Apostrophe: Hakvoort Shipyard
  8. oasorgard

oasorgard New Member

9. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

New photos of "Apostrophe"! I think she is absolutely lovely, probably my favourite yacht in the 40m class! Also the interior is really nice...

MY Apostrophe: Hakvoort Shipyard
  10. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

11. karo1776

karo1776 Senior Member

I agree with HTM09 the space for crew is not near large enough. In fact, it certainly does not meet the new upcoming ILO Convention 180 regulations guidelines : 1 crew member per cabin; min. 7 sq. meters per cabin, and; all crew cabins aft.

This is a big issue to consider. Unless you are rotating off shift crew out to a service vessel for off duty crew. Which is an idea I have been kicking around for awhile. It works if you aren't in heavy weather but then that sort of kill it.

Also, I don't think there are enough crew to adequately service the yacht and guests without fatigue for longer than short periods.

The yacht is beautiful... absolutely!
    But in my experience these very detailed and striking designs tend to not age well. That is what I see here in the interior spaces. It like wow now but bow wow later. I have seen this happen a lot. A more plain or simple or austere design would hold up better. One does not want to spend 7-8 million for interior updates as soon as this will need it. Also, resale in a few years will plummet because of it.

Back to the crew manning and space issue. I think the idea of crew aft is really the best way to go. Now the more traditional engine room/machinery space in the center of the yacht really lead well to this. However, the more modern aft engine rooms with a garage behind certainly prevents a such a layout.