Click for YF Listing Service Click for MotorCheck Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta

Greece - Yacht Show Tour from 25/Sep/05

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by techmati, Sep 25, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. WestAust

WestAust New Member

The "RIVA Rivale IRIDAKI II" is amazing. Im pretty sure I saw a boat much like this in Santorini this year. It might have been a little larger.
    Great pics.
  2. KCook

KCook Senior Member

There are numerous photo hosting sites similar to Photobucket. I tried Photobucket, but I liked ImageEvent better ( http://imageevent.com/ ).

You will have even more control than these if you go for your own web site and use a "gallery builder" to put the photos on the site. The cost for this vs using a photo hosting site is about the same. But creating your own web site is certainly more work than using a photo host.

All photo hosing sites offer a free trial (typically 30 days). Give one a try and see how it goes for you.

Kelly
  3. Alec_

Alec_ New Member

a few comments

Hello ppl.

I was also attending the show as exhibitor. It is the first time it is hosted in this marina and it looked fantastic, i think if they can promote it properly in the future it will become one of the big boat shows of Europe.
    Unfortunatelly the weather was not v. good (storms) and the attendance was poor. Ofcourse the people you expect to see they always come :p

Since a lot have been told about Rivalle, it is indeed a fascinating boat, very nice gel-work (I would like to see that after 3-4 yrs)... I think the exclusivity of this boat cannot reach its very high pricing, compared to competition that offers Arneson propulsion and better performance and hull design... not very commercial in my opinion
    Azimut 43 (out of water), Hull no at the low part of stern AZ40! They put the "43" decals just before the show, and on the stbd side it had come off a bit

The most spectacular yacht for me the Sunseeker Predator 95 "MAGNA GRECIA" :eek:

Apart from that... fantastic women (for the guys), I forgot totally about the boats and did not know where to look first :cool:

Techmati, fantastic work and great knowledge of the market... keep up the good work! ;)
  4. techmati

techmati Senior Member

i agree the marina is excellent. but the way the exhibition is intended to be high end and "exclusive" will not bring the crowds, it will bring the usual faces and some new ones from that affluent group and of course the enthusiast dreamers. if they expanded and had smaller boats, equipment etc as well and marketed it to a larger audience then it would be busy.

hunting, fishing, small boats, cars : these kind of exhibitions have crazy attendance in greece with road blocks for miles around. they usually charge entrance also :D

but maybe that is not what the organisers want, it is targeted to a specific wealthy but small audience.
  5. emilios

emilios New Member

Have to agree with Alec regarding "Magna Grecia" as the most spectacular boat at the show. However, I personally believe that it was the two Azimut open's -43S & 68S- that stole the show.

Also congratulations and many thanks to Techmati for the detailed pics.

Regarding the Riva Rivale which I went to view, although spectacular in brochures and at boat shows, I think it is not very practical at all for a number of reasons such as: hull and superstructure color would be a nightmare to keep clean let alone shiny, no (standard) stanchions along the sides of the boat along with very narrow sidewalks making going to the bow a nightmare and extremely dangerous, no roof hatches, relatively small cockpit, very gimicky (almost ridiculous) bimini top, very limited engine access and very high selling price. I have to admit, however, that the interior detailing, attention to detail, build quality, quality of materials and finish were first rate and among the best I have ever seen.

Best regards

Emilios
  6. markn

markn New Member

powercats

Looking at all these photos they are beautiful yachts but were are the powercats. Is it still a feasible project to build them. I am intending too build a 78 ft powercat but are still looking for a nice design. Maybe next year we will have something else to look at.
    Has anybody got ideas?
    Looking at putting this size powecats for $3 000 000 on the market.WHAT DO YOU THINK?
  7. behaving badly

behaving badly New Member

This boat is a dominator 64. 100 % =) previously called nuvari 63 (64).
    Pic 74 and 75 greece boat show
  8. behaving badly

behaving badly New Member

9. nilo

nilo Senior Member

i suppose this is princess 61
  10. gdpalerm

gdpalerm New Member

I am interested in this Pershing 62
  11. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

12. gdpalerm

gdpalerm New Member

Yes 'Salty'
  13. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Are you interested in finding her or what is the purpose of your posting?
  14. gdpalerm

gdpalerm New Member

I am interested in purchasing a Pershing 62
  15. AffrayedKnot

AffrayedKnot Senior Member

You have generous selection of '05 - '06 Pershing 62's to choose from, including but not limited to: Pretender, RA, CC1, Velocita from various brokers in Eurpoe... and MIMA at Ekka Yachts who had displayed Salty in 2005, as well as FELICIA - here in the states represented by Marine Max. Good Luck !!