Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn

Greece - Yacht Show Tour from 25/Sep/05

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by techmati, Sep 25, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. techmati

techmati Senior Member

pic 81 - BAIA Atlantica 78

Attached Files:

2. techmati

techmati Senior Member

pic 82 - BAIA Atlantica 78

Attached Files:

3. techmati

techmati Senior Member

pic 83 - BAIA Atlantica 78

Attached Files:

4. techmati

techmati Senior Member

pic 84 - BAIA Atlantica 78

Attached Files:

5. techmati

techmati Senior Member

pic 85 - BAIA Atlantica 78

Attached Files:

6. techmati

techmati Senior Member

Finished now.....did you enjoy?

feel free to discuss the yachts here..........what was the best of show?
  7. KCook

KCook Senior Member

8. techmati

techmati Senior Member

thanks Kelly

the Riva Rivale IRIDAKI II is 16.12m and the Rivarama ILLUSION is 13.4m. I think the cockpit of the Rivale is more attractive and the varnished wooden topsides of the Rivarama are more attractive if that is what you are saying. Though the lines of the Rivale are beautiful. I go with the Rivale, overall a more beautiful yacht but without the classic wood of the Rivarama.

that is my best of show along with the custom line 112'
  9. tantetruus

tantetruus New Member

what on earth is this boat from amsterdam doing there?
    thats a lot of ground to cover in such a small boat :eek:
  10. tantetruus

tantetruus New Member

Great pictures, indeed enjoyed them!

Just from an esthetically point of view i'd go for the first, wooden (?) riva.
  11. techmati

techmati Senior Member

hull is indeed composite :(
    starting at $1.000.000 :( :( :(
  12. KCook

KCook Senior Member

I suppose it's not considered a fresh design in Europe. But I am most impressed with the AZIMUT 62 :cool:

Kelly
  13. nilo

nilo Senior Member

the boat in the picture is a ferretti 76, custom line starts with 94.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2005
  14. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

WOW!!! That was fantastic! Nice selection of anti-gigayachts in here. :D

Still browsing pics, will post a follow up... :)
  15. techmati

techmati Senior Member

@Carl : thanks, glad you enjoyed it. the show was pretty good and not many crowds at 11:00. That marina was built for the olympics yachting. it is very nice. There are so many marinas now in Greece it is ridiculous.

@Nilo : you are talking about STILVI II right? yes i believe you are correct. If i am on the right track this is the 2005 replacement to the owners previous yacht which was the 1974 Camper and Nicholson EMERA which was previously named STILVI when he owned it. According to the website of his resorts in Greece it is a Ferretti 761. a very nice yacht indeed.
  16. techmati

techmati Senior Member

one point that was raised as we were walking through the show and recognising yachts which had recently been delivered is what is the benefit to owners in providing their yacht to the manufacturer/dealer for the show? i dont believe that all are charter yachts. is there some discount pre arranged in agreeing to make the yacht available for shows when possible? or is it a friendly thing?
  17. nilo

nilo Senior Member

ferretti is adding the digit "1" to their yacht when they start installing the large windows (cannot call it a port hole anymore!) and they become 681, 731, 761 and lately 881 (1st one was at monaco show).

for yr secnd point, the yards give some kind of a compensation when an offer accepts to display the boat at a show. this can be a reduction in price or offering some additional options for production boats.
  18. techmati

techmati Senior Member

thanks Nilo, i guess the charter yachts appreciate the additional publicity also. For instance STILVI II is available to resort clients and IRIS, PROTEUS i recognise as charter yachts. the rest i do not so may be private yachts.

i am starting to recognise more yachts with the IV in their name, there were a few at the show. are many people on their 4th yacht now? we must catch up......a bit of trivia : Japanese would never use 4 because it signifies death, bankruptcy etc.....that is why in computers you see the psion 3 and 5 but not the psion 4 for instance.
  19. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

OK... barrels are loaded, but I'm only firing BB's. :D

1. Pic #1-4. I’m sorry but… even if that new Riva Illusion was the forward-half of Disco Volante, there’s NO WAY it’s worth 1 million dollars! “Illusion” is a good name for the model… because that’s what the buyer will look like. Enough is enough already. :mad:

2. Pic #5. On the Riva Rivale… are those inverted strakes they are using on the hull???

3. Pic #16. The Custom Line 112’… an all time favorite. Lots of freeboard with a low-profile superstructure.

4. Pic #18. Every yacht should have a stern like this. Fold down transom that becomes an extended swim platform and a built-in, slide-out boarding ladder.

5. Pic #26. The Azimut 43S… this is the first time I’ve seen forward hull windows and frankly, it concerns me. This is an area of a hull that needs the greatest strength, especially in a 40+ knot offshore boat slamming into 4-6 foot seas. Even though I’m sure it’s been WELL tested and it’s structurally sound, the bow of a hull receives a great deal of water pressure when displacing waves. It just looks like a leak waiting to happen.

6. Pic #27. Are those really windows in the radar arch??? Whoops, upon looking closer, they are imitation design exercises. Nevermind.

7. Pic #30. I like the “rumble seat” on the aft-deck of Azimut’s 685 Voyager. Good concept. Have only seen a few boats take advantage of the increased cockpit space this offers, as well as a nice vantage point for cruising.

8. Pic #36-38. Yes, this is a Chris Craft Corsair.

9. Pic #46. Nothing like a set of $10 decals to de-value a $1 million boat! :rolleyes:

10. Pic 41-43. What’s a Fountain from Amsterdam doing in Greece. Better yet, what’s a Fountain doing on the other side of the pond! ;)

11. Pic #44-45. Forget that last question… what’s a Sunsation Dominator doing over there! :eek:

12. Pic #53. The 56 Aicon. These are really nice boats that haven’t received the same level of marketing as their Italian counterparts. If they had better representation, they would do better in the marketplace. These boats have all the quality, fit, finish and performance of their pricier competition.

13. Pic #57-58. Elegance Yachts. Seen ‘em advertised, know nothing about ‘em.

14. Pic #61-63. Interesting spray dispersing hull (waterline) on that Technema 80’, which begs the question… what’s the ride like?

15. Pic #70-71. Aren’t smaller radar domes available?

16. Pic# 83-85. Was the "Life-Preserver Orange" upholstery on sale? :D :rolleyes:
  20. techmati

techmati Senior Member

good critique Carl. I was also impressed by the fold down transom of the Custom Line 112 and also the Navetta 30. Lots of tender or toy storage.

regarding the Sunsation and Fountain, yup they could sell well over here. I was hoping there would be a Magnum but no.

and the life preserver orange.......not recommended.....Easycruise will sue!