Click for Comfort Click for Burger Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Westport

Great Loop Cruise Video

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by NYCAP123, Aug 1, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

NYCAP, while the fire place looks nice. I'm sitting here in Pompano Beach where it's 78F right now hehehehe
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

He does have a beautiful fireplace though. We're in a foggy 57 degrees in Mexico. But it is only 8 AM
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Used to live there on the 15St. camal. Nice, but it's also fun to get out on the bike with a wind-chill of -20*F or so once in awhile. Gives me a chance to put on all those clothes and a few pounds. In the hot weather I get too tempted to leave the boots and leathers and helmet off (which I've learned the hard way isn't such a good idea). Must admit though that it took some getting used to not seeing bikinis every day after I moved back. lol.
  4. leeky

leeky Senior Member

Hey, NYCAP123, isn't it about time for Valhalla to be getting underway? I need a vicarious fix.:D
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Short version of a long story is that I'm retired and Valhalla is up for sale. That's boating.
  6. olderboater

Enjoy your retirement to it's fullest.
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Thank you. So far I am. First summer I've had off since I was about 14. Of course retirement doesn't mean no work, just different stuff, different people and a real relaxed schedule.
  8. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Did you end up completing the loop or did the Owner decide he had enough partway and wants to unload the old girl?
  9. olderboater

I think they made it to Grand Haven, MI, and pulled it out for the winter. So didn't complete the loop. Don't believe the went any further this year.

I recall both wives had health problems last year. That's the type thing that would ground me. I think we'll be boating as long as both our bodies hold up. Then it will be greatly reduced or eliminated.
  10. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

11. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Does this mean you're going to get a Duffy? hehehe

Sorry to hear about the boat being for sale. I was looking foward to seeing the rest of your trip and the pictures.
  12. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

No Duffy's in my future. In fact currently no boat plans at all. Looking on it as a past life (I've had a few). Now looking for my next adventure. Maybe hop on the bike and play Easy Rider. lol. Sorry ya'll won't get to watch us going down the western rivers, but maybe our travels from NY to Charleston, back to NY, up through Georgian Bay and down to Michigan over the past year plus will give some the incentive to check those views out for themselves. That'd be nice.

Don't know if the listing is up yet. but if anyone is interested I can get whatever info you need and put you in touch. She's lying in western Michigan. So sea trials will have to be done before fall.
  13. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

You never know, perhaps the buyer may want you to take her South for the winter. I've continued on with most buyers on many yachts over the years.
  14. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

RETIRED!!!:cool: At this time I have no desire to set foot on any boat.
  15. JWY

JWY Senior Member

Yeh, yeh, so you say. You're going to miss boats. Congratulations on your retirement, but this is going to be you:
    f5e39f.jpeg
  16. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Could be. After almost 60 years on the water it's different. When the DTs start I may have to buy one (if I lose my mind). Here it is July 4th weekend, and I'm not working. First time in almost 30 years. This morning I mowed my lawn and took the wife out on the bike for a late breakfast. We'll ride some more this afternoon, then bar-b-Q. Tomorrow we'll ride to a concert and fireworks if the weather holds. Previous years I'd be sweating about whether the day would get canceled on me. So this is how the other 90% live. Kind of nice. Thanks for the kind words Judy.

P.S. winter before last (and many others) that pic did resemble me as I cruised with 2" of ice on my decks. Won't miss that.
  17. Rodger

Rodger Senior Member

Enjoy your retirement Ed it was nice to meet you last year.
  18. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Thanks Rodger. You were a great help and a great host
  19. olderboater

Welcome back, Old Phart.