Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Westport Click for Comfort Click for Cross

Great deal on replacement latches

Discussion in 'Luhrs Yacht' started by Josh Keeran, Apr 29, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Josh Keeran

Josh Keeran Member

Untitled-9.jpg DB8EFFD1-FFB5-4B2A-9683-4433A8B49BA1.jpeg
    Found some really high quality Gemlux latches on sale to replace the factory Luhrs latches on a few storage doors. The Gemlux quality blows away the previous latches. I would say a moderate level of ability is needed for the replacement. Minor modifications were needed. the square latches were not available when I bought mine. If I replaced the old square latches with the Gemlux latches I’m sure the install would have been easier.

https://www.gemlux.com/shop/sale?page=2
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I do luv the new latches. Look great and for sure will out preform the original plastic units.

However, like you mentioned takes a lil effort to correctly space, center the new/larger latch.
    The original latches are made by Perko and available at West Marine for those DIYers that don't like mods or finger cuts.
  3. Josh Keeran

Josh Keeran Member

You are correct! So for my applications the original holes were not large enough. I used a rotary rasp bit to enlarge the holes enough to accept the new latches. The “internal” parts took some trial and error to place correctly. The threaded shaft on the new latches was much longer than necessary so I cut those using a metal cut off saw.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dri...8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=Cxytzcf7ILdAnM:
  4. bayoubud

bayoubud Senior Member

Nice hardware, thanks for the site.