Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service

Ft. Laud. New River Cruise...

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by YachtForums, Jan 5, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

Really nice video of Ft Lauderdale waterway

A really nice video of the Ft Lauderdale waterways with lots of nice yachts.

Enjoy and watch the video in HD

See video below:

Cruisin' Down the New River - YouTube
  2. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

3. aeronautic1

aeronautic1 Member

Yep, its the old Elegante that was once owned by the Tandy (Radio Shack) family. In the great yachting years (1980s) of Fort Lauderdale, it was tied up at the corner house just upstream from the Episcopal Church above Tarpon Bend. Both the yacht and house were exquisite back then.

I have been one of her few captains.

Vessel documentation is valid into 2013. Needs a few million clams to restore. I suspect it will wind up like the old Ancient Mariner (floating restaurant on New River) which rolled on her side in the late '80s and sank blocking half of the New River to boat traffic.
  4. capcsw

capcsw New Member

its the old Dynamic Duo, a 85 1983 broward
  5. Thomo5150

Thomo5150 New Member

View attachment 49340

Does anyone no the current state of this yacht?

It's still being listed for sale, wondering if it's still maintained in a reasonable condition?

Cheers
    Tim
  6. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Every time I see her from the dock she always seems to be in good shape and there always seems to be some activity so it would seem she has a crew that takes care of her or a regular basis. I cannot speak for the inside but the most recent pictures also hint that some minor cosmetic updates have been done inside too.
  7. Thomo5150

Thomo5150 New Member

Thank you discokachina, I've been looking at yachts and most have file photos posted that are years old.

Good news if there is activity on her in the way of crew etc....

I recently inquired about a Benetti yacht, brokers told how it was repainted in 2009 and very good maintenance etc...

Searched and found a survey report that had been taken in 2011 of this Benetti. The yacht was in very poor condition and had been for a while. When I asked the brokers ( who was happy to take 5% commission ) about these reports they said no, no yacht is in good condition. When they informed the owner that the survey reports are posted on the web, the owners reply was to take legal action. My thought was save the money on lawyers and fix your yacht, you then mite be able to sell it.
  8. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Whit Kirtland at Bradford Marine Yacht Sales reported that he closed on the sale of the Royal Huisman 37.5m flybridge motor yacht Camelot.

She was last listed for $695,000.00.
  9. Thomo5150

Thomo5150 New Member

Hi Discokachina,
    Yes Whit emailed me and said it was sold, looks like someone picked up a classic yacht at a very good price. I'll keep searching, Camelot was just a little too big for what I need.