Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights Click for Cross Click for Walker Click for Mag Bay

Ft. Laud. New River Cruise...

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by YachtForums, Jan 5, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Super Sleek Sportfish!

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

"Starlite"...

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

Starlite... another angle...

Attached Files:

4. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

April Fool

Great to see these photos on April Fool. They're about the first published in the web except for the original photos by the yard. Good work !!

Chris
  5. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

Benetti ???

No, not a Benetti but an American yacht.

Lady Jenn, a 1994 Palmer Johnson yacht, designd by Tom Fexas Yacht Design. She measures about 136 ft with a beam of 26 ft.
  6. YachtForums

Re: Benetti ???

Hi Chris!

Happy New Year! Thanks for identifying Lady Jenn.

New River in Ft. Lauderdale is home to several major yacht building and re-fit facilities. The yachts at their docks and in their yards change regularly. I'll take another cruise up the river in a couple of months and post new pictures. My next excursion is the Miami River in a couple of weeks.

Hope you guys enjoyed the New River Cruise. If you have something similar, and a digital camera, it would be great if more Yacht Forums members could share their own cruises and destinations.
  7. Henrik

Henrik New Member

i would like to say this is a Palmer Johnson

oh...i see.... after replying i saw christo303 already answered the question....
  8. Henrik

Henrik New Member

i know this boat very good :D and i can say this is a sunseeker 94
  9. Henrik

Henrik New Member

it's a DELTA, one of their nice 124´designs
  10. fish

fish New Member

Hey Carl, I was down in your neck of the woods for the past 3 days but no computer so I could not drop you a line. I was in Roscioli's yard off of 84. Man, are there some yachts in there. 4-5 over 140ft, and a few dozen over 100ft.

Funny you should mention taking pictures because I was planning on doing exactly that and put them up here. Unfotunately, an employee of the hotel I stayed in the first night (on SW12th and 84)decided that my digital camera, extra battery, and memory sticks would be better in her purse than in my suitcase where I left it. :mad:

I will probably go back down in a little while, and hopelfully I will have a new camera so I can add some pics to this site. If you get a chance, check out Roscioli's, it is packed right now with several of the large yachts out of the water (I think he can pull up to about 120+/_

Take care,

Fish
  11. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Wow, I feel like I just spent a few hours taking a leasurely cruise up the New River!
    Thanks for the ride Carl...
    I see your boat is up & running again :)

Post #17: :eek: Holy cow! Or should I say Holy Staircase batman. That looks like a shopping mall I was recently in.
  12. YachtForums

That's absolutely infuriating! You KNOW she took the camera, as she was the only person with access to your room (besides yourself). You can't PROVE she took the camera, therefore you can't recover the funds from the hotel to replace it. I've had this EXACT same scenario happen to me. :mad:

Fish, check with your homeowner's insurance agent. You might be covered under the policy. When you get ready to purchase a new digital camera, I HIGHLY recommend the Canon S-500. It's a pocket size camera that takes larger than life pictures. Canon optics are among the best, the software is simple and the darn thing is bullet proof! (well, maybe BB proof. ;) )

And yes... please feel free (better yet, compelled!) to post pictures of yachts you come across and any specs or stories that might accompany the same.

Really sorry to hear about your camera. OH!! By the way... if you're not ready to buy a digital camera right now, there is a new technology in 35mm film from Kodak on the market that takes DIGITAL pictures. You simply take the film to a processing center and they return to you... a digital CD! Just when you thought your old 35mm camera was obsolete. :)

Jeez... at the rate we're going, we're gonna spend the next 20 years trying to understand the technology developed over the past ten years!
  13. fish

fish New Member

Thanks for the advice Carl, I will check the homewoners policy. As for the 35mm and digital, I have been doing this for a few years. I have a quality 35 mm that I use when I want really good pictures and just take it to eckerds and have it developed to CD. Much cheaper than prints and I can use a service like ofoto.com or snapfish.com to upload the pics, share with friends and family, and purchase prints, or others can buy the copies they would like and have it delivered (even pre-framed if you want).

However, carrying around a 35mm and a bunch of lenses, then having to go somewhere to dev. the pics, makes me miss the easy of the pocket digital even more.

I should be up and running in non time, just pisses me off :mad:
  14. YachtForums

Hi Dave!!

I wish I was up & running again! These pictures were taken a couple of months ago. "Henrik" responded to the thread and this moved it to the top of the forum. This helps old threads gain new life.

I was planning on hanging new motors soon, just as soon as you to come down and help! :D Seriously, not looking forward to this job, but it's a lot easier than pulling big blocks outa the bilge.

That staircase on the ISA is not only one of the most unique and functional elements to be incorporated into a yacht... it's become ISA's signature. When I took this picture, I noticed the stewardess on April Fool had really nice legs. You know where she got those... the ISA stairmaster! ;)
  15. yachtjim

yachtjim Guest

Boats in question are indeed an Azimut and Hatteras. Always trust your instincts ;)
  16. yachtjim

yachtjim Guest

Didn't realise this thread was four pages long. My response above is for the 1st page. Blue Guitar is owned by Eric Clapton. The blue sportfish is "Prime". Also a Palmer Johnson like so many others you took pics of. Any other boats in there need identifying :D
  17. Hankt

Hankt New Member

My pop had a 42' or a 45' 1961 that was called Midnight Lady - Virginia Beach, VA.
  18. nightbird

nightbird New Member

.... actually the "ferretti" above is a sunseeker!
  19. hbyachtboy

hbyachtboy New Member

Florida Yachts

Has anyone recently cruised the water ways of Fort Lauderdale? Would be cool to see some images from Florida taken on the water.
  20. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I have a Canon 720IS. It's a great small camera 6x optical zoom, image stabilization, viewfinder, 8 megapixel. It takes great pictures and is around $150 and fits in your pocket.