Click for Walker Click for Cross Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Cheoy Lee

French flagged vessel certification question?

Discussion in 'Licensing & Education' started by Mark05, Nov 2, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Mark05

    Mark05 New Member

    Nov 2, 2010
    Does anyone know what certification you need to be Captain on a French flagged vessel that is <24M.
    I presently hold the RYA YM Offshore cert, with 10 years experience in the industry with over 55,000 nm covered, but I am starting the MCA Master 200 Tons Unlimited course this week.

    I have been told by the owner of the vessel that I need the French equivalent certification, but have been told by some governing bodies and agencies that the MCA cert is fine, but the owner is still questioning this.

    Does anyone know anything about this?
    All help appreciated..