Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Furuno Click for Abeking

FREE T-Shirts for YF's Senior Members!

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, May 30, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. JWY

JWY Senior Member

As a general YF fyi, I know of 2 of Travler's (and Mrs. Travler's) previous yachts, and they are as impressive as his current jet pictured.

Thanks once again, Carl, for bringing to life real yachtsmen who live the dream and educate and entertain us along the journey.

Judy
  2. edenmar

edenmar New Member

T-shirt

SCREEN NAME: edenmar
    SHIPPING ADDRESS: 340U Syntagmatos 27
    SHIRT SIZE/ALTERNATE SIZE:L/XL
  3. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Are you serious?! A member since 2009 and this one post is all you can offer to us?
  4. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

Greece needs all the help it can get.:D
  5. bluetorch720

bluetorch720 New Member

I would like a shirt!

How can I get a shirt? I'm not a senior member but will 'show you a link' if it earns me a shirt....
  6. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

7. jlmtx83

jlmtx83 New Member

Awesome offer, been a lurker for years but finally had to sign up. I'd even pay for a shirt lol.
  8. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

You gotta be kidding? They were sent 3 months ago!!!

Thanks for spreading the word Rene! :)
  9. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

I have them since a few weeks (was busy in the last weeks), but they had a long, long journey including customs clearance.
  10. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Carl,
    One of the guys watching off my bow cam on the Great Loop Videos thread mentioned that he saw me smoking quite a bit today. Hey, what else is there to do when you're cruising down the Chesapeake on a calm, quiet day and the boss is at the helm? But it brought a question to mind. How many of us who work on the water smoke? (A lot that I know of.) The reason I ask is that I've got the nice YF collared shirt that you sent last year and the really nice T-shirt that you sent this year. Love to show them off when I'm on the water, especially on the bow cam, but I tend not to wear them if I'll be spending any time off the boat. Hate to crush my smokes in my jeans pocket. What would you say to a pocket T-shirt next year (if smoking hasn't killed me yet:D)? Your shirts would get worn more, at least by me.

P.S. Breast pockets also hold gum, cigars, pens and diesel receipts well.;)
  11. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I'd like you to stick around awhile Ed, so I'll make a deal with you... if you kick the habit, I'll buy you any shirt you want. :)
  12. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I thought they invented this thing called a Box that cigarettes started coming in around 1965, so that one could put them in their short pocket? Perhaps you should check into them :D A pocket on a t-shirt is great, as soon as you bend over the railing everything falls into the water.....hehehe.....
  13. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

a) I'd rather live happy and die sooner.
    b) Every X- smoker I've ever met has spent the rest of their lives remembering the days when...and longing whenever they smelled the smoke.
    c) I've been smoking since 7. That ship has sailed.
    d) If I quit someone will surely die a bad death at my hands.

Crush-proof boxes crush in jeans & you move them from your breast pocket when you hang over a rail, plus up north our T-shirts often end up under jackets for much of the day.:D

P.S. In a marina I used to run, all the x-smokers used to come up to me on the side "Got a smoke? Don't tell my wife/husband." Then the spouse would do the same.

Best reason for smoking: It ticks off the Prius-driving, go-slow-in-the-left-lane, self-rightous people who want to control all around them. Yep I'm an ornery cuss.

Finally, shirts without pockets are girlie. Men use pockets. Women have purses to carry their stuff. I'm no Metro-sexual.
  14. weto

weto Senior Member

Even though the doctors told him not to waste his time my grandfather quit at 85 and he lived to 102. Typical southern gent, had smoked, chew'd or snuffed since age 5 and he was a 2 packer when he quit. He said he could really smell and taste food for the 1st time in years. DO IT CAPT !!! That steak will taste soooo much better. ;)
  15. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

You think that the taste of a steak is worth giving up something that makes me happy? Not likely. I'll have White Castle please. So talk to me when I'm 85. Nobody's been able to tell me how to live since I hit 13, and the more anybody tells me not to do something, the more it will get done simply as an FU. :mad: Until anybody's life is perfect they have no right to intrude on mine. Hate smoke preachers.
    It's rude telling others how to live. It has nothing to do with concern; only with control.
  16. weto

weto Senior Member

Sorry Capt., didnt mean to piss ya off ! I'm not an anti-smoker as i do puff cigars and chew on occaison. It was just an example that its NEVER too late.
  17. SomeTexan

SomeTexan Member

I agree 100%. Plus I drive a big old diesel truck with about 600lbs of front bumper. Left lane, cruise set 10 over, move it or splat. They all have moved so far. The smart car on the other hand wasn't so smart.
  18. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

All OK Weto. Now you know why NYers have a rep.:D
    Chew????? Shame on you.:D
  19. dccsail

dccsail New Member

e-mail sent, cant wait to show of my T-shirt in South Africa, if it would be shipped here.