Click for JetForums Click for Christensen Click for Oceanco Click for Llebroc Click for Abeking

FPV drone equipment for yachts

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by YachtForums, Jan 6, 2018.

1. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Very nice!
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Publisher/Admin

Updating this thread...

DJI Goggles and Occusync system arrived. Chose to build an Armattan Chameleon because of the integrated aluminum camera cage. Had to MacGyver a platform to house the Occusync receiver underneath the drone. Should provide adequate protection, but time will tell. Conducted two flight tests and one flight crash today. The image clarity with the Occusync system is incredible, a quantum leap over analogue. It's as if your eyeballs are onboard the drone.

Flight characteristics seem good to me, but I have no reference. This is the 2nd drone I've flown. If you are inclined, I'll send you a list of components used to get airborne.

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

YachtForums Publisher/Admin

DJI Race Edition goggles. It occurred to me these goggles and the camera/receiver system could be mounted an an R/C submersible for inspecting hulls and running gear. Of course, a mask and willing diver is less complicated. Unless the diver is of the curvier persuasion. ;)

Attached Files: