Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Perko Click for Walker Click for Furuno

Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 2013 FLIBS

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by Old Phart, Oct 23, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

While my camera was on the Delta 54 she snapped one her younger sister the Delta 33. http://translate.google.com/transla...p://www.deltapowerboats.se/33-open/&sandbox=1

delta1 (4).JPG

She has several engine options one of which will propel her to about 47kn; water skiing anyone!!!???

delta1 (5).JPG

She has very flexible seating arrangements on deck including an aft sofa that can be turned into a sun bed and there is a full kitchen in the driver's couch.

Below deck there is a comfortable forward cabin with a hefty double bed and separate WC.

delta1 (1).JPG

One of the most exciting finds for me over the last several days was the 122' Oceanfast yacht built in 1985 that was designed by the infamous Jon Bannenberg now carrying the name Never Say Never. http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/oceanfast-yacht/2610-oceanfast-never-say-never.html

delta1 (2).JPG

Another real eye catcher for me is this Ferretti Custom Line 100, there is something about the angular shapes and arrangement of dark glass that really strikes me.

delta1 (3).JPG
  2. discokachina

Henry Ford said you can have any color you want as long as it's black.

Well apparently Zeelander did not get that memo because they are saying you can have your boat in any color you want as long as it's gold, red, or green!!

zee (6).JPG

Now I know why I like the look of the Z44; the owner of the company worked with designer Cor D. Rover to refine all aspects of the design and overall look of this classic.

zee (2).JPG

With her Volvo Penta IPS drive options you can expect speeds upwards to 36 knots if you so choose.

zee (3).JPG

In addition to what you see here the Z44 is also available in two shades of blue and titanium.

zee3.JPG

But what I really want to know is what does this bubble thingy on the top do??

zee2.JPG
  3. Liam

Liam Senior Member

That Fairline 45 is a refitted old 19 model.... Copying Hatteras in bringing their first build may be....

Eh that San Juan 48 still looks the goods for me such a nice boat. Such a perfect harmony. I think she is not that slow eighter toping 35 knots...
    Along with Viking and the Hatteras GT sport fishers (not with EB) would be my favorites, along some custom builds from the likes of Jarrett Bay, Spencer, Bayliss (this last my preferred) etc etc

I think the Tiara 50 Couple also deserves a photo here....
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Watch TV, or Surf the net and or make phone calls.
  5. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Disco,
    Excellent coverage and history of the yachts. Thanks for the time you are putting in. I've been running around getting the daily paper done, but did find some time to get night photos. Here's one of Satori. More to come.

Attached Files:

• YF 1.jpg
      YF 1.jpg
      File size:
      187.1 KB
      Views:
  6. discokachina

Hi CaptTom, Thanks, looking forward to some more of your great night shots!!

Did I see you there Thursday pulling around a cart with a bunch of cameras and lenses?

I am going back in a few minutes to get a few parting shots of the last day.

Don't know what I will do when the show is over!! :(:(:(
  7. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

No pulling a cart for me. Traveling lighter as I get over the hip injury. Will you be around tomorrow morning to shoot the parade of yachts leaving?
    Here's another. Hitting the docks now.

Attached Files:

• YF 2.jpg
      YF 2.jpg
      File size:
      181 KB
      Views:
  8. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Wow you guys have done great with the photo and commentary coverage. Big thanks to DK for sure... you seem to have fill the big shoes that Tom has. We know Tom is usually VERY busy and still finds a little time to take photos for us. Well done guys!
  9. discokachina

Great shot, she looks a lot better at night than during the day!!

I could not fit her in a single frame so I had fun taking a shot of her bow.

disco2.JPG

Not sure if I can catch the parade as I have a busy morning otherwise but I will try to be there for a couple of hours.

Guess who caught me checking out A today?

disco.JPG

Even the model is awesome to look at!!
  10. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

How's the paint? :cool:
  11. discokachina

So what do you do at a boat show when you get tired of looking at boats??

Why what else; you shop for cars!!!

The four door Rolls is always sure to please!

rolls (1).JPG

The Spirit of Ecstasy is a must have for every garage!

rolls (2).JPG

If the four door is a little too big then there is always the coupe with the super classy suicide doors!!!

rolls (3).JPG

When you want something fun to drive on the weekends a Lambo can't be beat!

rolls (4).JPG

But you won't be taking this one home as she seems to be stuck in the grass!

rolls (5).JPG
  12. discokachina

Then when you get tired of looking at boats and cars check out the latest must have toy for your yacht.

At first glance you might say this looks like a car; but you would be wrong!

Although she has four wheels, a motor, and can be driven she is actually designed primarily to fly!!

car (4).JPG

She is called a Sky Runner Test flight of the SkyRunner flying car which is as fast as a - YouTube

car (1).JPG

Parajets are used in many configurations but this is the first time one has been turned into a flying car!

car (2).JPG

Have your helo drop her off on some deserted island beach and up up and away you go!!!

car (3).JPG

Look, up in the sky, its a bird, no its a plane, no its a yachtie in a Sky Runner!!!

Or go for the latest thing is floating yoga mats that easily roll up to stow away!

yoga.JPG
  13. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

The answer to the proverbial question, "Why are boats referenced as feminine?"
  14. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Missed her.

She must have been out of frame.

You are typing about a two legged model?!
  15. discokachina

Today the boat show was extra special for me since I got to check off another item from my bucket list.

I finally got to see a Gunboat 60 named Flow!

gun1.JPG

I had no idea one was going to be in the show so imagine my surprise when I was rolling down a dock, looked up, and there she was, right in front of me, a real live Gunboat.

Their design and detailing are fantastic as you notice when you see the shape of her hull and her hull window size, shape, and placement.

gun (1).JPG

From her stern you get some idea of how large her hulls really are for accommodations.

gunboat.JPG

In this shot you start to appreciate the design of her boom, the size of her open salon and her large opening salon windows for cross ventilation.

gun (3).JPG

From this boom closeup you begin to appreciate the finer details of Gunboat rigging.

gun (2).JPG

When you check out the video at the top of this thread you will understand why I am so enthralled with Gunboats!

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/general-sailing-discussion/16633-gunboat-66-catamaran-booking.html
  16. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Disco

Have you ever met a boat you didn't like? I mean that in the nicest way as reading and watching as you've posted this thread, I've noticed your enthusiasm toward such a diverse variation of boats. I love boats and love some of the ones you've been enthusiastic about, but not all. Some I just say, "not for me." But I admire anyone who has tastes that go in so many directions and aren't just limited to a particular style. That sure makes your photos and comments interesting too as you cover the gamut.
  17. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

Sorry, I did not get the name of the sailboat. And thank you for all your photos.
  18. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

It was good to see you David! Thank you for wearing your YF shirt, your tireless work and some great photography! For those that don't DiscoKachina, he always wears a smile and knows-knot the meaning of disability.

I'm amazed at the passion of our members. DiscoKachina is on wheels and Tom Serio is just off crutches, yet these guys covered more miles than anyone at the show.

YF'rs Rock!

Attached Files:

19. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

And as I predicted, Mazu went under contract at the show.
  20. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

You sure hit the right word with "Passion." Just over 13 years ago a beautiful woman started teaching me how important it is in life. Not to just walk through but to be passionate about life, about all the things we do, about each day we face. It allows us to live successfully, whatever we face. I found myself better at my job even though working fewer hours, simply because my life was so full and happy. You see that passion in their photos and comments. It's obvious that they are passionate about their love of boats and have enjoyed the show immensely.

I also feel so fortunate that they've shared their passion with us. I've been in the Pensacola, Panama City, and Destin areas during the show, but I've sure enjoyed the show. They weren't just photos, they were alive. You could feel the excitement. It was like little kids pointing out something they saw. And then we, as the kids we are, got excited too.