Click for Abeking Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning Click for Mag Bay Click for Westport

Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 2013 FLIBS

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by Old Phart, Oct 23, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Thank you Disco for a nice patriotic screen saver souvenir of FLIBS 2013.

Patriotic ScreenSaver2.JPG
  2. rhinotub

rhinotub Member

Creepy.
  3. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

The winner of the first contest is Milow with Caplady coming in second by a nose!

So her she is ladies and gentlemen in all her radiant beauty, the lovely, beautiful, and curvaceous Satori.

Satori.JPG

Weighing in at 499 tonnes with a length of 163' Heesen and Van Oossanen & Associates really got this one right all the way around!

And with a maximum speed of 24 knots not only does she look fast she is fast!

satori2.JPG

I love the wings on her radar arch structure, they really add an airy lift to her whole look!

saTORI3.JPG

From front

SATORI4.JPG

to back she looks fantastic down to each and every last detail!!

SATORI5.JPG
  4. discokachina

The 129' ice strengthened Safira, the new entrant to the luxury expedition yacht market, is as beautiful on the outside as she is striking on the inside!

She was custom built in 2012 by Tyneside Yachts in Palatka, Florida. Her sophisticated exterior design and engineering are the work of Sparkman & Stephens. The yacht's interior has been designed by Michael David Associates and has exterior styling by Sparkman & Stephens.

https://vimeo.com/66408377

safina.JPG

This closeup of her bow

safina2.JPG

and stern sections give you some idea of the painstaking work that went into her exquisite detailing.

safina4.JPG

She carries a 7.6 metre Hunt Harrier dayboat, a small sail boat, and a rib as her tenders which will keep her guests entertained for days on end.

safina5.jpg

Her dome, radar, and antenna array indicate systems capable of carrying her around the globe while remaining in contact and with the latest entertainment available no matter what port of call or anchorage she may find herself!

safina6.JPG
  5. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Luckily, Heesen had JB for guidance.

Port 2.jpg
  6. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

That's a beautiful boat to me. I love the styling and the color. We get tired of all white and just like brightening it up some, even if just a band of color. I know it's less practical.
  7. discokachina

Since Milow won by a nose and Caplady was hot on the trail you both get a gold star!!!

index.jpg
  8. CapLady

CapLady Senior Member

Thank you, but I am not worthy! I didn't get it first. Milow232 fully deserves all the credit! :)
  9. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

AMG answered the second correctly.

How about his gold star?
  10. discokachina

Thanks AMG!

Yes the second mystery yacht is indeed Trinity's Carpe Diem II so as Old Phart mentions you too are deserving of a gold star.

But not only do you receive a gold star, you get a whole bunch of gold stars!!!

goldstars.jpg goldstars.jpg goldstars.jpg

And a link to an insiders view of some of her fabulous 5 Star luxury features!!

Yacht Charter: Luxury Yacht Charter on the 150' Trinity Carpe Diem II - YouTube

And a link to her charter brochure which has some great pics, crew bios, layout, etc.

Charter Yacht Brochure CARPE DIEM II - Trinity Yachts 150ft (45.7m)

Thanks to AMG for solving the mystery of her identity as I now know that she looks as good on the inside as she does on the outside!!
  11. discokachina

Then hopefully you will find Star Sapphire to your liking!

She is nothing short of 116' of Bilgin built luxury and quality!

starsaphire.JPG

Her use of blue both in the hull and the wind screens makes quite a dramatic and beautiful statement!!

starsaphire2.JPG

In this picture and in her video her windows appear to have a bluish tint as well!! You will see that the blue theme is carried very successfully into the interior finishes too!

Star Sapphire - Mega Luxury Florida Yacht - YouTube

Aghassi is 145' of Christensen constructed luxury finish rarely found in many yachts today! Built in 2002 she is ready to take 10 guests on relaxing trips of up to 4,000 nautical miles before needing to be bunkered.

agahssii.JPG

Yikes! And you think pirates are a only problem on the other side of the world in far off places like Somalia??

Well guess again! Be on the lookout for Captain Bluefoot and his side kick The Barnacle cruising the waters off the Boat Show looking for fancy vessels and damsels to pluck and plunder!!

Pirate2 (6).JPG

I don't have to squint my eyes to hard to think that Johnny Depp is the desperado in charge of this scurvy crew and dastardly pirate ship!!

Pirate2 (1).JPG
  12. discokachina

I was first intrigued by this yacht because she had basic good looks, a helicopter on board, but then when I saw her name was Vango well my imagination went wild with references to the famous painter with the same sounding last name Van Gogh!

I then found out by reading our review of this 164' Westport http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/westport-yacht/5319-review-westports-new-164-vango-2.html that the association with the painter was very much intended as the owner packed her with reproductions by the Dutch master.

vango.JPG

The next yacht in our hit parade caught my eye because she is just one heck of a beautiful classy classic motor yacht with details to entertain the eye for days!

Kri.JPG

In her DeMille close up you can see some of what I am talking about from the gold leaf hand made name plackard, to the custom boarding ladder, the sparkling stainless hardware, the flying bridge windshield and canopy, to the spiral staircase on her swim platform, and the wood trim all around.

Kri2.JPG

Next we have a 98' custom motor yacht motor yacht named Aku Aku which as built by Cooper Queenship in 1993 with her luxurious interior being designed by Lyman-Morse. She is a great example of a loved and thus well maintained motor yacht!

aku.JPG

Next we have the Horizon E78 which has excellent sea keeping ability and is setup to be a spacious family cruiser with a separate cabin for crew or more family. She looks mighty good to me!!

horizon.JPG
  13. olderboater

Disco

Yes, Belle and I both like the Star Sapphire and it's color. Is it Aluminum or Glass? Surely the hull isn't wood as indicated on one site where it's listed?
  14. discokachina

Ok for all you helo junkies I thought you might enjoy a close of Vango's copter!

helo.JPG

Well if there were ever a silly reason to like a yacht one of them might be because you like the name.

For some reason aside from her good looks the name Iroquois has always struck me and I have always liked the looks and the sound of the name of this vessel.

As it happens I also like the beautiful interior of this 164' Feadship built in 1998. In this case age is no indication of beauty as she is a real looker!!!

iroquois2.JPG

When I saw this yacht coming down the ICW I immediately liked the cut of her jib, well so to speak!!

Turns out the reason is that she is a sexy 94' Italian made by Ferretti.

Not only does Lady Breanna look fast she goes fast too!!!

Lady Breanna - 2000 94 ft Motor Yacht - YouTube

lady breanna.JPG

Ok you all are going to have to help me out on this looker.

I want to say she is a Lazzara but I don't see any name plates and the portholes don't look like Lazzara's usually do so I can't be sure.

I have a few gold stars left for the person who correctly identifies this good looking baby!

laz2.JPG

laz.JPG
  15. discokachina

Yes, the hull is actually a mahogany/epoxy composite which is very usual considering she was built in Turkey where boats of any size are being built of wood using techniques perfected over centuries now adding modern materials to enhance time proven methods.
  16. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

You said Lazzara yourself, it's an 80 Sky Lounge.
  17. olderboater

I had no idea that wood construction was still being done. I learn something new every day.
  18. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

19. olderboater

20. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The majority of your custom Sportfish on the market are cold molded wood as well....