Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Perko Click for Northern Lights

Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 2012 FLIBS

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by discokachina, Oct 19, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. karo1776

karo1776 Senior Member

Fab Dock ... Hit of the Fort Lauderdale show!

it appears reading herein... the hit of the show was the Fab dock... making me wonder if ever anybody actually leaves the marina.
  2. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Ditto thanks for all your efforts and thanks Carl as well! I am looking forward to 1 or2 reviews!

BTW Carl do you have been at the Lürssen Beach Bash ? I have seen some pics and the hippie-theme looked pretty cool!
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I wasn't able to make to Lurssen's BBBB this year. I had dinner plans with Maldwin, Ken Bracewell and his crew from Rena. Good to catch up with old friends!

I have one review in the hopper, then a sea trial Monday morning and Judy has one coming up in a week or two. These reviews should go live later in the month. I'm setting early December aside to pack & ship YF shirts as Christmas gifts for our members, then I'm loading up Santa's sleigh and heading to the mountains...

Attached Files:

4. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

Re-enforcing Carl's comments on CaptTom, I'd like to thank him as well, not only for where he's contributed to this specific thread, but in general. I've been a forum member here for some number of years, and more often than not hearing about Tom is bouncing from various time zones, wearing the hat of Captain, Photographer, Watering Hole Expert, Technologist, (Subject Matter Expert, the list goes on....) the guy makes Super Man look lazy.
  5. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

Carl - Did you get your truck back or is this one (pulling the trailer) the replacement?
  6. YachtForums

Funny! We always joke that Serio wears an "S" on his chest.
  7. YachtForums

It's a replacement. Paid $13k for a 12 year old F250. Stolen 3 weeks later. Geiko reimbursed $18k. Ended up with a much newer truck. :)
  8. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

Wait....
    You had truck A stolen, replaced it with B, and it was stolen three weeks later, so this is truck C?

(pardon the ad-hock waypoint in the thread)
  9. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

I did not see Bianca Jager at the show although she may well have been there but I did see her namesake on the way to the show!

bianca (2).JPG

Equinox is a tough 63' trawler style yacht built in 2007 by Krogen and is ready to take you on your next expedition to anywhere on Mother Earth your heart desires.

bkogen.JPG

Last year I made the mistake of thinking this profile belonged to a Lazarra model, but I learned my lesson, this is none other than Cheoy Lee's hot luxury yacht the Alpha 76 Express!!

cynthia (1).JPG

Next coming up the Intracoastal are two beautiful Burgers!

First is Cynthia!

cynthia (2).JPG

Southern Star, on a venerable wide beam Burger hull, represents a class of vessel from 1974 that says beauty, style, and grace from a bygone era when a leisurely cocktail cruise into the sunset was the epitome of the yachting lifestyle.

cynthia (3).JPG
  10. YachtForums

I traded my 2000 Ford Expedition, which I drove for 10 years and 145,000 miles for a 2000 7.3 diesel that had 80,000 miles. Turns out model years 2000 to 2003 with the International 7.3 diesel are high on the hit list with thieves. It's a bulletproof motor often used to replace problematic 6.0 and 6.4 diesels in newer F250's. I basically stole this truck when I paid $13k for it. Due to demand and high resale values, Gieko reimbursed me $18k. That became the down-payment on a newer F250.

Sorry to derail this thread. Getting back on track... Disco, I'm sea-trialing the flybridge version of that Cheoy Lee 76' Express tomorrow morning.
  11. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Unfortunately I couldn't get my travel plans, work schedule, and vacations plans to all align so while I was in Florida during the show I wasn't able to actually get to FLIBS.

However, a fantastic evening out with all the above mentioned folks more than made up for it. :)
  12. discokachina

How was she??
  13. YachtForums

The boat performed well, as expected. Here's a GPS speed-app on my iPhone. It's VERY accurate. I saw 42 mph at peak, but snapped this pic at 41 mph...

Attached Files:

14. discokachina

Cool, are you going to be doing some in depth coverage?
  15. YachtForums

Yes, but I'm not sure when it will go live.
  16. captaintilt

captaintilt Senior Member

Flibs 2012

Hey everyone, been meaning to post some pics from the show, but I've been out of town since my last post. Here are a few pics of the 46' Jarrett Bay "Persistence" that has been floating around for a while. I didn't know what to expect out of a 46', but believe me, she feels like a 60'.

Attached Files:

17. captaintilt

captaintilt Senior Member

Flibs 2012

Here are a few more of the 46' Jarrett Bay. The interior finish was superbly done, and the color scheme was unrivaled, IMO. Also. The tender garage of the new Ocean Alexander 120. She is absolutely a beast in terms of size. She easily feels like a 150'+ Kudos to OA and Christensen on this build. Lastly, the Seven Marine 557's

Attached Files:

18. discokachina

Thanks for the awesome shots! Your shot of the Delta 54 IPS looks great caught in just the right light!!

Excuse my ignorance but what is the exposed mechanical equipment in the garage of the OA 120?

Is it compatible with storing a tender on top?

Got any more you can post??
  19. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

Feels like who's 60':confused:

The most over-used comparison in our Industry is this xx' boat is as big as xx' + whatever. She may have a lot of well packaged features, but those features would pale in comparison to today's 60' Convertibles.

With a lower helm in the salon and that sweet Carolina flair, I am sure some concessions had to be made in her Interior, so I would not think the comparison would hold up.......
  20. kkreicker1

kkreicker1 Senior Member

I thought that I have seen these pictures before.Thanks for posting them!