Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for Westport Click for Comfort

Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 2012 FLIBS

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by discokachina, Oct 19, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

That second photo of "Kismet" is nice! Disco you are doing a stellar job covering the pre-show!
  2. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Onika is a beautiful classic 110' Delta Marine yacht built in 1993 to carry 6 guests and 5 crew which is almost a 1 to 1 ratio translating to exceptional comfort and service.

Add (10).jpg

The Cheoy Lee gang is all here with a great representation of their line including this 78' Bravo http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/cheoy-lee-yacht/12298-review-cheoy-lee-78-bravo.html

Add (12).jpg

This stout capable looking yacht Relentless was built by Kingship Marine in 2006 and can cruise for 3,430 nm at a very economical 9.8 knots.

Add (13).jpg

This is another style of yacht that I am particularly drawn to as it looks like it could tackle just about anything and live to tell the story.

Percheron is a Darwin 86 built by the Italian yard Cantiere delle Marche and carries her guests in a warm minimalist interior where you will be extremely comfortable for the long voyages this beauty is capable of.

Add (15).jpg

This sharp entry is a Carver 54 Voyager which has been designed and outfitted for people who love to explore far away places.

Add (11).jpg
  3. thatcher

thatcher Member

Thats cheoy lee's new 88'. they sold the 78'. Now I know senior member is not your age, I thought I'd put in my 5 cents. Can't fly over for the show thanks to Sandy. I was looking forward to seeing the new delta 54.
  4. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Disco, your FLIBS setup coverage is wonderful! Capt Tom's photos are stunning as always. I was in town last week but will not make it back for the show. This thread makes me feel like I'm there! GREAT WORK! Thanks
  5. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

From inside the walls of FLIBS, we take our first glimps into what the view will be from the docks. Although the show doesn't officially start until tomorrow, savy brokers do bring in hot clients for VIP viewing without dealing with crowds and carpet-layers work well into the night to get the halls ready for yacht enthusiasts. What awaits you follows...

Perhaps a sign of things to come with the weather forecast

Lots of holding power

One of YF member's new sea sled

A creamy hull for a dreamy ride

Attached Files:

6. Yacht News

I wonder what Hurricane Sandy may do with the show. Although she is far ways off she may send some rain, wind and probably chop that way. She seems to have done quite some damage to Jamaica with alot of downed powerlines and cables and fallen trees and mudslides, damage to property etc.

P.S: "Mazu's" anchors look like they have never been used before. Either that or she had the other ones swapped out when she got her spruce up at Rybovich for the show?
  7. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

I'm gonna need a bigger lens. Marlena fills the frame

Aft look of the Montauk Monster

Tyson's gloves?

Something long and sleek

Attached Files:

8. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

We are getting some good gusts and a few rain squalls so far. Problem day looks to be Friday, but show folks tell me the show must go on. And several captains tell me they will sit it out, but add extra lines and storm fenders. Trouble is, if a few yachts leave that will upset the balance. And once the storm passes the winds will come honkiing out of the north on Saturday. Should be exciting, although lousy for taking pictures.

BTW, the Delta 54 looks great in person, and the lighting is very pleasing. Night shots to come as soon as the wind dies down.
  9. discokachina

Awesome as always CaptTom!

You always get us the inside scoop way ahead of everyone else!! Considering the weather I might just stay at home and watch for your updates!!

The crowd cried out for more!!!
  10. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Here you go my friend...

De-fenders of the universe, or at least of Sandy

Many extra lines are evident and I don't mean the kind like "Come here often?"

Attached Files:

11. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Porsche station wagon?

That's how I trap iguanas in my house

Oh, here's the Iguana. Perfect for any veteran tank commanders. Interesting, and I'll leave it at that. Feel free to chime in.

Kismet

Attached Files:

12. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Harbour Island

Not quite ready for the show

Big Bird?

Perhaps for the king and queen of the show?

Attached Files:

13. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Destination Fox Harbr Too. That is a cool looking Trinity.

Late arrival. Cipango means "Don't scratch the Marlow"

Yes, there are smaller boats too

Attached Files:

14. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

The real, appropriately colored Big Bird

This Hargrave says it all

One of Hargrave big things

The former Mary P, now called just "Mary"

Selling his old ride

Attached Files:

15. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

The wind was gusting, seemingly from different directions

Nemo, on something?

Sure, drive your car right onto the dock, no problem.

Attached Files:

16. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Lady Linda. Again, the bigger lens thing...

Diamonds are Forever - two perspectives

That's it for now. Opening day is coming up next.

Attached Files:

17. Yacht News

Nice work as well Tom as usual. Between you and Disco you all really make it come alive...not like the Nemo fish though hehe.
  18. discokachina

Well unfortunately the big news in today's paper is the weather, yuck, and its affect on the boat show!

Officials have said the show will be open for business as usual and they have taken all necessary precautions such as sinking additional mooring pilings and reinforcing structures so the show is safe for guest and yachts alike.

Actually a great deal of the show is in the Broward County Convention Center and under tent so the major impact will only be on those walking the docks. ;)

Actually many brokers prefer a little inclement weather as they know the people who come through the doors in less than ideal conditions are really serious buyers!

Since rain and electric wheelchairs don't mix I will have to leave today's live coverage in CaptTom's expert hands and in the hands of YFers brave enough to suffer some wind and a few drops of rain to see THE BIGGEST BOAT SHOW ON EARTH!!!

weather2.JPG W1.JPG

Ok I am going to let you all do the comentary on the next two low slung sleek beauties.

I think they might be either a Sunseeker, Princess, Ferretti, or Azimut???

bianca (1).JPG

bianca (3).JPG

Calkwalk the Derecktor built megayacht measuring in at 281' and 2,998 tons is easily the largest yacht in the show!

Not only is she the largest yacht in the show she is also the largest yacht built in the good old US of A since the 1930s!!!

cw1.JPG

For more on Calkwalk http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/unique-custom-new-yachts/12854-derecktor-cakewalk.html

Let the yacht watching, hull kicking, and boat buying begin!!! :D
  19. aviator4512

aviator4512 Member

Break out the Chamois!
  20. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Oh David, I am really sorry but I hope the weather will be good enough at least for one day so you can rock'n' roll the docks... after THAT pre-coverage you have really deserved it!!

And yes the first is a Sunseeker Predator 84, the 2nd a Princess V72...