Click for Northern Lights Click for YF Listing Service Click for Cross Click for Delta Click for Glendinning

Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 2011

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by discokachina, Oct 17, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Is that what it is? It looks like the owner's burgee is on the bow, and I assumed (can't really tell) the one on the port side was another guest flag (possibly Australia?). In which case the positions would be correct. "wear them on spreader halyards from port to starboard in the alphabetical order of their countries' names in the English language"
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

This is why I designated 640 pixels as our max size. vB's software can limit the size of the photos, but it actually created more headaches for me originally because people that didn't know how to use image editing software became frustrated with YF. It was easier at the time to re-size pics individually, but when guys come along and post 30 images in row, I simply don't have time to save them all to my hard drive, resize them, then re-upload.

Wayfarer, can you resize your pics and upload again?
  3. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

It's not Australia, at least it doesn't appear so. I thought it was the yacht's flag, however, it could be another countries' flag.
  4. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Flags

The reason that it's an insult, is as follows, when one Countries flag is flown above another Countries Flag, on the same staff, it is a recognition the flag of the Country on the upper part of the staff has conquered the Country on the lower part of the staff. Nothing to do with visitors on board etc..strictly a show of a successful aggression.
  5. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Here are some shots of her the week before the show where she is flying the US flag above the Canadian flag and the flag of South Carolina on the halyard on her port side to the left of the American flag. Here is another shot of her bow and a closeup of the flag. Looks like it could be someone standing on an old fashion key? She is registered in George Town, Cayman Islands and her home port is Fort Lauderdale.

Attached Files:

6. viking 58

viking 58 YF Historian

Looks like it could be someone standing on an old fashion key?

Cat Cay Yacht Club - Bahamas
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

A guest country's flag certainly wouldn't go on a halyard with a state flag, and it certainly wouldn't go above the U.S flag while in U.S. waters, and etiquette prescribes port to starboard if that other flag is a guest's country flag. I have to assume since neither the U.S. not C.I. has attempted to conquer Canada lately, and that it is flown out of respect for the guest and not disrespect. Sometimes flag etiquette gets a bit complicated. Thankfully they're not hosting the U.N.
  8. Wayfarer223

Wayfarer223 New Member

My apologies for the oversize pics, moving forward I will use the 640 max. unfortunately I just don't have the time to resize and repost at this time, if the ones I have uploaded are causing problems I understand if they need to be deleted, I would but I don't see a way to edit my posts.
  9. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Thanks for responding Wayfarer. We will leave pics at current size. Thanks for sharing!
  10. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Flags

One does not insult another Countries flag, one does not insult ones own Countries flag. When one tries to excuse a flagrant abuse by a Captain of proper etiquette then can anything can be excused...?
    I have written to their charter site as it's better to be informed in case they arrive in some Country that might shoot them for the same error.

My 2c
  11. 84far

84far Senior Member

... Sounds like they might get shot if they travel to Canada. :rolleyes:

Far
  12. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Flags

Oh well a country that was founded by prisoners...flags are used as *******
  13. 84far

84far Senior Member

And moving on, hopefully pass flags. The opportunity to apologize has now gone, even with a P/M request to the lovely chap.

Lets try and keep the conversation on boats people. ;)

Far
  14. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Whoa! Wow! Some nice curves, I mean some nice lines.
    Whoa Wow Nice Curves.jpg
  15. 84far

84far Senior Member

Nice curves I say ;)

Far
  16. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Expensive curves...:D
  17. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Nice boat shoes.
  18. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Perhaps she attended the FLIB 2009 Party aboard Allure Shadow and was seeing the sights while waiting for this years Party to begin on Allure Shadow.
    Allure HeliDeckHalloween 2009.jpg
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...G9uLkn&usg=AFQjCNE-QE2nfGBOnSB0jgOYepBDMYFlLw

P.S.- You'll notice in this video that shoeless is an option most opt-out, a distinct advantage feature of a Shadow Yacht. I may be stubborn; but I do not like to stub my toes.
    High Net Worth - Shadow Yachts - YouTube
  19. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Ofcourse, she's a Fairline ;)......
  20. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

Spoken like a loyal owner! ;)