Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Westport Click for Cross

Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 2011

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by discokachina, Oct 17, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Today on Port Everglades Webcam - A Fort Lauderdale Cruise Ship Web Cam I saw Felicita West and Mia Elise come into Port Everglades Harbor. A check of Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions and Maritimes Business Netzwerk: Schiffe, Häfen, Unternehmen und Personen - vesseltracker.com finds Sea Owl, Excellence 3, Heritage III, Katya, Victoria Del Mar, Touch, Ubiquitous, Unbridled, Symphony II, C1, Tenacity, Thirteen, Unforgtettable, Ohana, Elle, Status Quo, Easy, Mad Summer, Princess Sarah, Kingfisher, Life's Finest, Loretta Ann, Silver Shalis, Namaste, Miss Michelle, Mary Alice 2, Misunderstood, Temptation, and Pegasus V already in port for the show. Checking this years' list of boats on display Boats On Display | Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 2011 indicate we will have 123 yachts over 100' to oggle over!

+200' 5 Felicita West, Kismet, Allure, Laurel, Northern Star
    180' to 200' 5 Harbor Island, Four Aces, Excellence III, Mi Sueno, Unbridled
    160' to 180' 12
    140' to 160' 25
    120' to 140' 35
    100' to 120' 46

Preparations at Bahia Mar Marina are already underway to birth all these monsters! If the results of the Monaco Show are any indication this year the FLIBS should be hoppin!

I noticed some biggies in port that are not on the show list such as Cakwalk, Apogee, Giga-byte, Helios 2, Pegasus, Rising Sun, Tuscan Sun, and my personal favorite Sea Bowld.

When the weather clears I will have to go out and take come pictures:D
  2. discokachina

Who Do These Belong To?

I took some pre-show shots of yachts today but only have time to post a pair. Whose are bigger or how big are they and who do they belong to?

Attached Files:

• BB.JPG
      BB.JPG
      File size:
      84.8 KB
      Views:
    • BB2.JPG
      BB2.JPG
      File size:
      76.1 KB
      Views:
  3. Yachtjocky

Yachtjocky Senior Member

photos

R you out of breath walking over the 17th street bridge to get those shots, Cakewalk is the lower one (south side) and the other one is ? I was driving and looking south and not looking to the north west side ! :cool: I think Sea Bowld was over at Pier 66 ?
  4. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Cakewalk and pegasus V ?
  5. discokachina

Bingo! :D Cakewalk! Docked just South of the 17th Street Causway Bridge. With a draft of 13' she won't be able to dock at the show's main site, Bahia Mar Marina, which has a max draft of 12'.

Right now Sea Bowld is docked on the Intracoastal at Sunrise Harbor Marina which is just North of where Sunrise Blvd crosses the Intracoastal. I will try to take some pics of her in the next couple of days.

I don't get winded at all walking to the top of the bridge as they call me "Rollarina". Watch your heels at the Boat Show! :)

Attached Files:

6. discokachina

Bingo! :D Pegasus V she is!

Docked just North of the 17th Street Causeway Bridge at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel since her draft is 14.8' which is about 3' over the limit of Bahia Mar Marina the main site of the Show.

Attached Files:

7. discokachina

Pegasus V

Here are some more shots of Pegasus V!

In the second picture just to the left of her smoke stacks is the 15th Street Fisheries which has great seafood and more importantly a great view of a large school of tarpon which hang out under the pier waiting for lunch. They have windows in the floor of the outdoor patio so you can watch the tarpon from your table. :eek: It is great sport sitting on the patio on the weekends watching the weekend warriors try to tie up to the fuel dock while fighting the current trying not to look stupid. ;)

In the first picture you can see downtown Ft Lauderdale in the background.

And a video of her arrival into Port Everglades Megayacht PEGASUS V Arriving at Port Everglades - 6/18/2011 - YouTube taken by the Port Everglades Webcam which is just beautiful!

Attached Files:

• peg5.JPG
      peg5.JPG
      File size:
      105.1 KB
      Views:
    • peg6.JPG
      peg6.JPG
      File size:
      180 KB
      Views:
    • peg1.JPG
      peg1.JPG
      File size:
      84.4 KB
      Views:
    • peg2.JPG
      peg2.JPG
      File size:
      70.2 KB
      Views:
    • peg3.JPG
      peg3.JPG
      File size:
      64.2 KB
      Views:
  8. discokachina

Cakewalk

Here are some more shots of Cakewalk which is the largest yacht by volume built so far in the good old US of A! A stands for totally Awesome America!

The only problem with this yacht is trying to decide which of 4 out door decks to have cocktails on. :p I think my first choice is definately the top deck on the divan underneath the mermaid! :cool:

Attached Files:

• cw1.JPG
      cw1.JPG
      File size:
      115 KB
      Views:
    • cw4.JPG
      cw4.JPG
      File size:
      120.1 KB
      Views:
    • cw5.JPG
      cw5.JPG
      File size:
      88.4 KB
      Views:
  9. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Wonderfull pics, do you have some pictures of Excellence III, next to Cakewalk?
  10. discokachina

Excellence III

Ask and you shall receive!

Wow, what an awesome yacht! At 188' x 35' x 11' she is actually a lot bigger than she appears in these pics probably due to the angle. She has 6 cabins for 12 guests and is handled by 14 crew. Four of the cabins have king size beds and the master has a jaccuzi. Excellence III is on the market for 55M which makes her one of the more expensive yachts in the show.

Attached Files:

• ex3.JPG
      ex3.JPG
      File size:
      197.5 KB
      Views:
    • ex2.JPG
      ex2.JPG
      File size:
      162.2 KB
      Views:
    • ex1.JPG
      ex1.JPG
      File size:
      119.5 KB
      Views:
  11. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Thanks!!
  12. discokachina

Temptation and Top Five Coming Through

While at the 17th Street Causeway Bridge I caught Temptaion and Top Five as they were a comin through.

Temptation has a cool looking batwing bimini arrangement on her top deck! :eek:

Attached Files:

13. discokachina

These Boots Were Made For Walkin

Better not forget to mention that I caught Bossy Boots a comin through the 17th Street Causeway Bridge too or they just might walk all over me! :eek:

If you want your own bossy boots you can get'em for only $6.65M while supplies last!

Attached Files:

14. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Excellence III has a really nice paint job on the hull. Cakewalk on the other hand has grapefruit peel and no luster.
  15. discokachina

Moon Goddess Arrives!

If you have never seen the FLIBS pre show game you would just be amazed at how a quiet stretch of the Intracoastal Waterway in Fort Lauderdale becomes in a few short weeks the giant maze that is the Biggest Boat Show in the World in terms of exhibit space sold with more than 3 million square feet on land and in the water across six sites! :eek:

In these pictures you see Moon Goddess of Danish Yachts one of the first boats to arrive to be tucked into an interior dock space and then be sandwiched into Floating Dock FG3. Hope she does not need to go to the Ladies Room anytime soon! ;)

At 114' long weighing in at only 187 tons Moon Goddess is currently the 9th fastest yacht in the world cabaple of 53 knots! Hold on to your hats!!

In the last two pictures you can see the dock sections staged to be moved into position as the yachts are loaded into the close in positions. Steel I beams are driven into the sea floor to hold the floating docks and as bollards to moor the mega yachts stern too the face docks.

In the top two pictures you can see Sunseeker's two story high tech floating
    pavillion that they float from event to event which is as big as a house. Don't let that one get away! :D

In the bottom two pictures at the bottom of the frame you can see the tents that will become "Cocktail Barges"! FLIBS is just one big Party!! :cool:

Attached Files:

• mg1.JPG
      mg1.JPG
      File size:
      73.7 KB
      Views:
    • mg2.JPG
      mg2.JPG
      File size:
      74.6 KB
      Views:
    • mg3.JPG
      mg3.JPG
      File size:
      99.1 KB
      Views:
    • mg4.JPG
      mg4.JPG
      File size:
      94.8 KB
      Views:
  16. discokachina

Filicita West

Even though I am a stink potter at heart what boat show would be complete without a fabulous sailing yacht like Felicita West which is the largest and the fastest in the world!

Attached Files:

• fw.JPG
      fw.JPG
      File size:
      117.3 KB
      Views:
  17. discokachina

Morning Glory

Here is a perfect represantive of a Perini Navi the beautiful blue hulled Morning Glory! Lets go sailing!!

Attached Files:

• mog1.JPG
      mog1.JPG
      File size:
      112.4 KB
      Views:
    • mog2.JPG
      mog2.JPG
      File size:
      134 KB
      Views:
    • mog3.JPG
      mog3.JPG
      File size:
      109.5 KB
      Views:
    • mog4.JPG
      mog4.JPG
      File size:
      97.7 KB
      Views:
    • mog5.JPG
      mog5.JPG
      File size:
      104.2 KB
      Views:
  18. discokachina

Lets Go To See On The Carrie B

Hey, lets go to see the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show on the Carrie B! One of the best ways to see the boat show from the water is from the second level of the Carrie B. What a great view! She loads in Downtown Fort Lauderdale near Las Olas Blvd and Federal Highway, goes to Port Everglades and then to the Las Olas bridge before returning downtown. The comentary is fresh, funny, and a very entertaining way to see the Venice of America!

Hey dude in the wheel house, is that a microphone in your hand or are you glad to see me? ;)

Attached Files:

• cb1.JPG
      cb1.JPG
      File size:
      109.5 KB
      Views:
    • cb2.JPG
      cb2.JPG
      File size:
      87.7 KB
      Views:
  19. discokachina

Man Your Battlestations!

I found Sea Bowld this morning at Sunrise Harbor Marina looking pretty having just come from a haul out at Jones Boatyard in Miami. Now she has crisp new water line striping and a smooth clean bottom! :p

What do the numbers at her bow represent?

Attached Files:

• sb1.JPG
      sb1.JPG
      File size:
      137.4 KB
      Views:
    • sb2.JPG
      sb2.JPG
      File size:
      104.3 KB
      Views:
    • sb3.JPG
      sb3.JPG
      File size:
      90.6 KB
      Views:
    • sb4.JPG
      sb4.JPG
      File size:
      83.8 KB
      Views:
    • sb5.JPG
      sb5.JPG
      File size:
      63.2 KB
      Views:
  20. discokachina

Sunrise Harbor Marina

While at Sunrise Harbor Marina I found these beauties: Silver Shalis, Loretta Anne, Bossy Boots, and a georgeous mystery boat maybe someone can identify.

Attached Files: