Click for Abeking Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Ocean Alexander

FLL-Charleston Trip Layover Consideration

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by Alzira II, Apr 11, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

They're all unique. The Westin dock gets praise or criticism as they charge a $30 resort fee, but that gives you full access to a huge list of amenities, if those things interest you. The docks are just decent. Active captain rates them a 4.0 or so. The Westin is across the river from downtown but regular Ferry runs.

We think of River Street and River Street Market Place as one unit and they are under the same management. They get around a 3.0 whish is probably fair. However, price is for convenience and we argue a bit with that criticism. Wakes and river debris are a more critical issue.

Hyatt Regency is a bit further up river that River Street and has about 400' of dock. I don't know their current condition but us to consider them slightly more favorable than Westin. Active Captain doesn't list them. Based on our last time there we'd rate them above River Street and about equal to Westin.

Thunderbolt is more popular with most boaters and just requires transportation to Savannah. There you have several great marinas. They include Thunderbolt, Bahia Bleu, Hinckley's yard for service, and Savannah Bend.

Our last few stays have been at Westin as we had a desire to play tennis and we had golfers with us who wanted to play their course.
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I ve stopped at Savannah city market docks a few times. Wakes weren’t bad and no issues with debris. One of my favorite stops on the ICW. Yes I know it s not really on the ICW but worth the detour
  3. captjohn22

captjohn22 Member

The restaurant at the RV park, now called Hilton Head Harbor marina is good too but I believe they are closed on Mondays. Call to be sure. Beaufort is a good stop with more options for food and touring.