Click for Delta Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Click for Mulder

Fishing rod contraptions for tenders?

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by Yacht News, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

I was going to post this last night too but i did not want to seem so perseverent or bugg to many people at the time. I think i asked something relating to this a little while back but i wasnt sure if anyone replied. I wanted to know if the fishing rod looking things that we see on the side or on the bathing platforms of yachts used to keep tenders from coliding with the hull, are they reliable? Do they work good, what are they made from?....how big a tender can they hold?....are there any websites to the manufacturer of these devices that i can learn more about them?
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

3. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

4. kagraham

kagraham New Member

yes, they work very well, they are widely used on docks at Grand lake, where i boat. They do an amaizing job even in the choppiest, windiest water, my uncle has a dock on the main body of the lake that you can barely stand on but his boat never hits the side...
  5. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Thanks everyone for your input, it really helped me to understand better. I seriously thought these things were in adequate for tenders...but now i see differently....i did not even know that they could be mounted from a dock either. For yachts though? the 'whip bases' are permanently fastened to the yacht?