Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Glendinning

First season with '87 Ocean 44 Super Sport

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by Ocean 44, Oct 3, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Ocean 44

Ocean 44 New Member

I bought a 1987 Ocean 44 Super Sport at the beginning of the season and couldn't have been happier with it.

Well, I would be happier if diesel fuel was $1 a gallon, but that's never going to happen :)

Considering the price of boats, the price of slips, and the price of storage, the more $$$ fuel you put into them the less expensive they end up costing you in actual hourly usage :)

Adrian
  2. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

Congrats.
    Nice when things work out well.
  3. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Adrian,
    I guess that makes you an expert now. Welcome to the Forum.
    How did you use the boat, fishing, cruising, a little of both. Don't be shy to share some of your experiences, even if that includes dinging a prop or two. Most of us have done at least that, if not worse.
    Feel free to post a photo of your new love. Boasting is allowed.
  4. Ocean 44

Ocean 44 New Member

My wife and I bought her for fishing, but we also wanted something we can comfortably live on over the weekends. We typically head down to the boat Friday night, go fishing Saturday/Sunday then come home Sunday night. It looks like this weekend was the last 80+ deg weekend this season. She's getting pulled around Nov 1st.

Before buying the Ocean 44 at the beginning of the season, we looked at a lot of older Post 44's and 46's, Ocean 44's and 48's, A Viking or two, etc. I originally wanted to get a Post 46 but I ended up buying the Ocean 44 because it was actually in the best shape, and it was actually priced to sell. All of the other boats that we looked at are still on the market. I got the feeling that I was the only one interested in them :)

Adrian

Attached Files:

5. SharkyFHB

SharkyFHB Senior Member

Great boat Adrian, congrats. Did you make any canyon trips with her? What engines does the boat have?

JH
  6. Ocean 44

Ocean 44 New Member

Thanks, we wanted to but my wife was pregnant most of the season so we didn't venture too far off shore. We mostly fished off Block Island, and all around Narragansett bay. We are definitely going to fish the dump and fingers next season and hopefully make it to the canyon's a few times if we can get a comfortable weather window.

She has a pair of Covington 450hp 6-71TIs with 1850 original hours. Previous owner did an excellent job of maintaining them.

Adrian

Attached Files: